Friday, April 9, 2010

Makeup 4 the Weekend - Template Challenge

Hi everyone! I LOVE my templates! When I first saw them being sold, I thought "why would anyone want these?" Well, I'm eating my words, because I really love them! So I thought that it would be a great challenge for our Paper Makeup Stamps weekly Makeup 4 the Weekend challenge.

I also LOVE the new corset set called Oo La La just released on Wednesday which also is sold in a digital format. So I decided to use that for my template challenge.

I thought this template from My Time Made Easy called In a Pinch sort of mimiced the cinched waist of the corset. The dp is an old Basic Grey piece (I don't remember the name), and I matched up copic colors to color the image. I also wanted lacy ribbon around the cinched part of the template, so off I went to JoAnn's to find some (I cannot believe I did not have any in my drawers of ribbon!). I found this great ribbon that has elastic in the middle, so it hugged the template really nicely. I tied it in a nice bow in the back (I forgot to take a picture of that). I added a pink silk flower and my favorite sentiment from the set. I used a nestie to cut out the sentiment, swirled some ink on it, and inserted an eyelet. When was the last time you used an eyelet? It's been a long time for me!

Do you feel like trying one? We are giving away one My Time Made Easy template to a random winner, so why not enter in our challenge? There are so many out there that you can purchase for as little at $5 and there are some that are free! Can't get any better than that! Now head on over to the PMS blog to see Christi's project and links to all the other DT projects. You can link your project there as well.

Can't wait to see what you create! Thanks for stopping by and have a GREAT weekend! My 18th anniversary is Sunday, so hubby and I have a nice day planned! See you later!

Recipe
Stamps: Oo La La (PMS)
Paper: PTI white, regal rose, Basic Grey dp
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, copic markers
Accessories: Nesties, In a Pinch template (MTME), lace ribbon, silk flower, eyelet, star dust stickles, dimensionals



6 comments:

Wendy said...

That is too cute! And the lace is perfect!!
Happy anniversary and have a great weekend!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my gosh Lisa! This is stunning! Love the lace, that corset image & lil' tag! This just screams pamper me please! :) TFS

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

With all the "stuff" out there, I am so amazed when someone can say "OH, I KNOW what template will go perfectly with that image...!! And, Lisa, you are soooo right; what an amazing match. But, coming from you: "Of courset would be!!!" This is AWESOME.

Kristie W. said...

This is stunning, Lisa!! Wonderful job with the challenge.

diane zechman said...

Very cute, Lisa! The template is perfect for that set. Happy Anniversary!

Cheryl said...

Just love this! How clever to see that this package was prerfect with the corset! I love the sentiment, too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin