Sunday, April 25, 2010

Violets

Happy Sunday! My mother-in-law's birthday was Thursday, and we got together for dinner on Friday. I wanted to make a special card for her, so I pulled out the Violets set from Flourishes. I used about 10 copic markers (or more) on this, and I didn't write them down! I cut and embossed the image with a nestie, then swirled some Antique Linen ink on it while still in the die. I also dirtied up the orchid paper (from SU...don't remember the name...maybe Tea Party?) with the Antique Linen ink to make it look more vintage. I used this fancy tag for the first time! I think it's perfect on this card. The border punch was a birthday gift from my friend Cheryl Rowley. Thanks Cheryl! I thought it needed something on the other side of the border, so I added the pearls. As I look at this card, I'm thinking that it is so much prettier in person. Funny how they photograph sometimes!

Thanks for stopping in today. Don't forget about the Paper Makeup Stamps Earth Day sale. Katie has put quite a few stamps on sale. You can see the original post here of what's on sale. See you soon!

7 comments:

Shaela said...

oh Lisa, this is stunning!! So beautiful, in every aspect.

diane zechman said...

This is beautiful, Lisa! Love everything about it! See you Saturday. :0)

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous, Lisa....that is one of my favorite Flourish sets!

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Not to worry about the photography, Lisa. It is absolutely beautiful and vintage looking from where I'm sitting!! Can't imagine it being any lovelier!

Mona Pendleton said...

Really beautiful Lisa! I saw this card over at the SCS Vintage gallery & had to come read all the details here on your blog :) You did such an amazing job with all the coloring!

Melisa Waldorf said...

WOW! GORGEOUS! Those dies and that border punch are a beautiful addition!

Cheryl said...

This is so beautiful that I had to come back and comment! I just love the beautiful lavender violets! The paper is gorgeous and the effect of the line of pearls on the left is stunning!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin