Friday, June 11, 2010

Just Us Girls - Let's Get Digi!

Just Us Girls has gone digi! This week's technique challenge is to use a digital image or digital paper on your creation. We are being sponsored once again by My Time Made Easy. Lauren Meader has many of her images for sale in digital format, and that is what the JUGs girls are using.

The image I'm using today is from the Take Time for Petal Perfection digital set.I am really happy with this card for a number of reasons! First of all, I didn't have to color it at all! Not because I don't like to color....I LOVE my copics and coloring. I didn't have to color it because I "colored" it digitally in Paint. This is the first time I've EVER done this, so I am really proud of myself. The image was printed on white cardstock...I made the background blue on my computer (I am all giggles right now about this!)! Second, I was able to crop the image out of the set too, which is a feat for me as well! I'm not sure this is something I will do on a regular basis, but it's always fun to try something new. It's so 21st century! LOL!! (Wait until my students find out what Mrs. Kind did!) I was actually only playing around with this image on my computer and decided I liked it, so I used it! I was thinking I wasn't going to play this week!

After printing it out, I cut and embossed it with a nestie. Finding paper to use was a chore! I finally decided on these two from Nana's Kitchen from DCWV. I love how fresh these colors look together! I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch.

My Time Made Easy is giving away a great prize to a lucky participant...a digital stamp set AND a digital paper pack! That's reason enough to enter!

Now stop by the JUGs blog to see how the design team went digi! You can also stop by their blogs...they are listed on my side bar.
I'm going to have another post later today for the Paper Makeup Stamps review of their latest release, so make sure you stop by again! Thanks for stopping in today and have a great weekend!

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow! Aren't you the brilliant techie!? Good for you and great card!
Love it!

Alicia Weiman said...

Great card Lisa....love the image :-) The background looks great too!

Crystal said...

WOW Lisa your digi creation is WONDERFUL!! I LOVE the BG paper and the main image on blue looks wonderful!!!! Beautiful card gf...Enjoy your weekend!

Kathryn B said...

You should be proud Lisa it came out perfectly. The first thing I was drawn to was the rich colors on the blue background it really stands out! Beautiful card!

Dana Gustafson said...

Wow Lisa! I was wondering how you got such vivid and creamy colors to your image! Paint! You are a digi queen now! THis is so pretty, I love it!

Silke Ledlow said...

So beautiful Lisa!!! Great use of the digi image...love these striking colors!!! Hugs ~S~

AKiteFlier said...

Fantastic Lisa - way to go completely digital - I did just what you did - began messing around then like the image... Beautifully done - thanks for jumping in and getting digi with all of us. I know it won't be my go to technique but once in a while it's kind of fun.

Michelle VP said...

I don't have much experience manipulating digi stamps either. Just need the time to play around to figure things out. I like what you did with yours. :)

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Lisa! WOW, I don't think I have colored anything digitally that was useable LOL.

Sam said...

Great card Lisa and well done on all your digi finishes. I have to get past resizing and printing! That paper works perfectly with your colored image and the sketch is perfect. So fresh and pretty.

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Lisa! Love the bright yellow flower & ribbon :)

Andrea M said...

Lisa this is so lovely!!! I love the sparkle of different elements of your card and the gingham DP works so perfectly with the other elements! So beautiful!

Maria said...

What a lovely card! Love the image and the colors, and the pattern paper is awesome! Nice job.

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Way to go Mrs. Kind--you techno wiz. Your digital coloring looks wonderful.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin