Sunday, September 5, 2010

PMS Sneak Peek Day 3

Hi everyone! Welcome back for day 2 of the Paper Makeup Stamps sneak peek of the September release. Today we are sneaking several images, including three fairies, two retro critters, and a few others. I have a new fairy to show you today called Chatty Cathy. Remember that doll? I don't think this fairy looks like her, but she is "chatting" on the phone!Isn't she just adorable? And look at that old-fashioned phone! I just had to add my little keychain phone that my grandmother gave me. She used to work at the phone company here in Buffalo, NY and she had a bunch of these to give away. I've kept mine all these years! I always wanted one of these princess phones as a kid. This was as close to it as I got!

Back to the card. The Martha Stewart punch sort of reminded me of a curly phone cord, so I used the punch around technique and created the square behind Chatty Cathy. The dp is SU's Rich Razzleberry. I also used Melon Mambo for the base. The ribbon is Crushed Curry dotted grosgrain, and I made an easy tailored bow. I cut the image using the out-of-the-box technique and colored it with copics. The sentiment is from the new set called When There's Nothing Left to Say, which was sneaked yesterday. Here is a picture of the entire set.Stop by the PMS blog because there are some contests going on. We have one more sneak tomorrow, then Tuesday, September 7 is our release day hop and release party in our PMS forum. You can see the details of that party on the release party button on m sidebar.

Thanks for stopping into today! See you tomorrow!

Recipe
Stamps: Chatty Cathy and When There's Nothing Left to Say sentiment set (PMS)
Paper: Neenah white, melon mambo, Rich Razzleberry dp (SU)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, crushed curry
Copic Markers: RV14, 23, 25; Y00, 02, 08, 19; E00, 02, 15, 18, 29; C-1, 3, 5; R32
Accessories: Nesties, crushed curry ribbon, bling, star dust stickles, Martha Stewart loop punches, dimensionals

Photobucket

17 comments:

Cheryl said...

Great sentiment with the image! Love the loop punch and your great coloring !

Bonnie said...

Oh she is so sweet Lisa! Love her sweet little wings!

AScrappersDelight said...

I love how you combined the fairy Cathy with the sentiment sent. A perfect fit!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisabee) said...

Love the lemonade like colors on this card, Lisa! So very very pretty!

Kristin Bueter said...

This is so pretty, Lisa! Your coloring is fantastic and I love that you used the MS punch because it reminded you of the curly phone cord :] How clever! I really LOVE that you kept the little keychain phone from your grandma all these years...that was the first thing that caught my eye and I thought, "now where did she get that?!" Ha ha Too cute :]

Shaela said...

soooo cute - love the pink and yellow together!

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous!! I love her!!

FibreJunky said...

I had one of those princess phones!! It was a birthday present when I 13 or so. I loved that phone!!

Thanks for the memories.

Monique said...

Wonderful card Lisa.. That little phone is so cute.. Your coloring is fantastic and I love the sentiment (a must get)..Have a great weekend.

Brandi said...

Oh what a darling card! :)

Carma said...

Love the image in the circle with the "out-of-the-box" technique. I'm going to have to look that one up and see if I can do it :) Great colors.

Kelly Sas said...

Chatty Cathy IS adorable, but you really made her come to life!

Tangii said...

Wow girl! Katie & I were chatting about this card last night... it is just fabulously brilliant! That border punch? perfect!!! And your colors are just too fun!

Ginny said...

I love the glittery wings and how she looks like she is sitting in the circle with her legs out. And I can't believe you had such a tiny telephone!

Anne said...

Cute card! I think that the MS border punch looks exactly like a phone cord!!

Stephanie Zito said...

So pretty Lisa! Love the color combo and how your fairy's legs are off your circle! Beautiful!

Randee E said...

Soo cute! Love your card and layout. I had a hard time when coloring her trying to figure out what all that extra material under her was :0) I just thought it was part of her dress,but you made it look like she's sitting on a little cushion! Never thought of that!! Much better :0)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin