Saturday, May 14, 2011

Just Us Girls #84 - Technique Challenge

Hello friends! Just Us Girls has a great technique challenge this week brought to us by Kristin! The challenge is Kissing with a Twist. If you haven't tried this, you really should because you get a really cool look...almost a batik look! You can find the tutorial here on SCS. To achieve this look, you need a stamp with a solid surface. I used this image from PTI's Modern Basics stamped in Marigold Morning ink and then kissed it with a twist using a tri-circle image from Men of Life in Wild Wasbi ink. The sentiment, from Big Birthday Wishes, was also stamped in Wild Wasabi ink. I added the score lines and the glitter strip to fill up some of the white space.

The JUGs girls and guest designer Clare Buswell have done a fantastic job with this technique, so please make sure you stop by the JUGs blog and check it out!

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your weekend!



hannelie said...

It looks great!I'm definately going to try!♥

Lynn said...

I love the clean design on this card Lisa!

Cheryl said...

Wow! Neat card-think I have to get this set now!
Have a really great weekend!

Elise said...

Hello, LOVELY one! Look at YOU! This card is exquisite! Such WONDERFUL use of that delicious technique! MEOW! YOU truly have such a terrific eye and TALENT to match: this card is STUNNING!

HUGE faux paux alert: I am NOW following your bog! {Where HAVE I been? Doh!} xoxo!

cbuswell said...

stunning clean design, love the colors!!

Andrea M said...

*GASP* Lisa, as soon as I saw this on the JUGS site, I fell head-over-heels in LOVE!!! I just love this stamp set (not really a mod girl normally, who knew :)) and you made gasp out loud!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card!!! You've taken this modern, geometric stamp set and softened it with this technique!!! *SWOON* It never occurred to me to use this set for this challenge but it is so utterly AMAZING!!! The glitter strip is so pretty and a perfect compliment to your fantastic kissing technique! Thanks for the AWESOME inspiration. Hello inspirational cards folder, you have a new addition!!! WOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crystal said...


~ Ali ~ said...

this is beautiful!

Ali x


Blog Widget by LinkWithin