Friday, December 2, 2011

My Time Made Easy A Year in Review: A Box is a Box

Happy Friday!  Today I'm here with the My Time Made Easy Year in Review post.  This is where we use the old with the new.  I'm using the new A Box is a Box template with some products previously released.
This box comes with two design options for the top.  Yesterday I used the petal-top option and today I'm using the traditional box top.  I started by creating the bottom of the box with black cardstock.  The top was created using the Buzz-y Blooms digital paper in the yellow honeycomb pattern.  This template comes with four different cut-outs for the sides:  a snowflake (which I used in yesterday's post), a tree, a leaf, and a flower.  To change things up a bit and to match my theme, I cut the smaller bee from the My Bee Loved cut file on the front and back of the lid.  I love how the bee cut-out is silhouetted against the black bottom of the box.
To top it off, I used the Abra-Bow-Dabra cut file to create the pretty bow.  I cut it out twice with black cardstock to create the full bow.  I also cut some 1" strips of black paper to run it around the top.
I filled the box (which is very big) with Burt's Bees products.  I love how you can create a theme and run with it!
Here's the box full of all these products.  See?  I told you it was big!  (I hate that white piece of filler that is hanging out of the box.  I wish I would have noticed it and cut it off!)

Please stop by the design team's blogs to see what they have in store for you.  Thanks for stopping by!



Stampin' Pam said...

DIVINE! Love it Lisa - the theme is perfect and even the little piece of crinkle paper doesn't take away from this amazing project. WOW

Andrea M said...

AMAZING gift! WOW! The box is fabulous and I love the combination of contents!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin