Friday, December 23, 2011

Some Final Christmas Cards!

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted!  Lots has been going on...Christmas shopping, work, my husband retired!  Yippee!!  Life has been good indeed! 

I always leave my family's cards to the last.  Why is that?  I'm always scrambling to get them done!  The first one is for my mom and in-laws.  It follows the Pretty Palette colors (which I am a week late in posting!).  Here are the colors we came up with...pretty predictable for this time of year!
And this is the cutie I made. It uses the Made of Snow digital stamp set from My Time Made Easy and the sentiment is from the Season's Greetings Holiday Sentiment set from Paper Makeup Stamps. My mother-in-law loves these easel cards because she says my cards are always top heavy (she's right!) and fall over! So these cards stay up nicely. I used Always Artichoke and Cherry Cobbler as my base colors and the bird dp is from Memory Box. The others are scraps from packs I've been using all season. I saw this card by Korin Sutherland in SCS and was blown away by it's beauty, so I cased the layout. I wish I had that paper she used!

Next up are cards that I've made before, but turned them into easel cards as well.  These were made for my family that I just met this summer in Poland.  I hope they enjoy them!  The first one uses a stamp from JustRite Stampers.  I love how the center image looks like a fancy ornament.
This last one uses an image from Inkadinkadoo.  It's embossed with gold embossing powder and uses brushed gold paper from SU. 
I hope you have a wonderful holiday with those you love.  I may be back with some templates I'm (hopefully) making for gift cards for my nieces.  We'll see...it may be more like next week sometime!  Merry Christmas!

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin