Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Quiet Day...

Hi friends!  I was going through my Google Reader of all the MANY blogs I follow (I swear I spend more time looking than stamping!) and found this photo inspiration challenge from Inky Impressions.  I immediately jumped for joy when I saw it because I have had an image colored and ready to use for maybe two years!  I'm almost embarrassed to admit that!  But I found it the other day when I was organizing and it was kismet when I saw this photo!

 And here's the image.  The umbrella and two chairs is what caught my eye.  This is an image by Art Impressions that I got at my LSS.  Like I said, it was already colored.  It took me a while to find some paper that worked with it.  I have TONS of paper, and I had a difficult time finding the right ones.  I finally settled on these from Basic Grey's Lauderdale paper pack.  I added the Cameo Coral flag that was cut with flag dies from WPlus9 Designs.  The blue flower was purchased at AC Moore and the coral flower behind it is a Prima flower.  I added some star dust stickles on the flowers in the picture and a yellow glitter pen on the lemonade pitcher and glasses.

I of course had to find a sketch to use (because I'm sketch challenged!), and I used this one from Sketchbook Saturday.  I had to change out the circle for my square image.  I also entered this into the SCS Free for All challenge called Weather or Not?

I'd love to know what you think of this one.  I kind of like the color combination and I think the image looks pretty good on it.  It's been waiting a long time for a home!  LOL!!  Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Tonya said...

I think it is fabulous! I love the colors and the coloring is awesome. The image is so pretty too. Thank you for joining us for the Inky Impressions challenge this week. Good luck and I hope you will join us again soon. :o) ~ Tonya Inky DT

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I think it's perfect!! I love how the image stands out against the navy background, the colouring is spectacular, and the flower is so wonderfully detailed :)

Caroline said...

Gorgeous that's what I think of it. I love the image and it matches the papers brilliantly. Caroline xxx.

Lynn said...

Lisa, well it waited for the right time for its debut...it is absolutely stunning!

Kerry said...

Your card is Beautiful. Colours & image are Beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
kerry

Unknown said...

wow - this is fabby - That image is wonderful and coloured perfectly! Thanks for sharing it with us at Inky Impressions xx

Mephisto said...

Wow, thats a fantastic card.
Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

Domi

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin