Saturday, June 1, 2013

My Time Made Easy Release Day and Just Us Girls #191 Sketch Challenge

Hey there friends!  Busy day on the blog today!  Today is the June release from My Time Made Easy and a new sketch challenge from Just Us Girls.  I'll get to that in a minute.  Here's my project for today.  Let's get into the template first.

This is the Welcome Home template, which was previously released.  I've used it quite a few times, once making it into a dog house by cutting off the chimney.   The new product on it is the paper.  It's called Tiny Town.  I have to say that the pictures don't do it justice!  I hate that!  I distressed it quite a bit because it was just too white and clean!  LOL!!  I cut the heart out of the center of the front panel using the BFF Valentine Tags cut file and added a piece of green paper behind it.

Here's a top view so you can see the pretty bow.  The template actually opens from the top.  

 Now for the card.  This is the great sketch that our lovely Elise created for us this week.

I used the same papers as in the template.  The house was cut using the new Home Sweet Home digital stamp set on the Tiny Town paper.  The image in the set has a heart in the center, so I cut a heart from the green paper using the BFF Valentine Tags cut file.  The sentiment is also from the new Home Sweet Home digital stamp set.  Lots of distressing here too!

I have lots of blogs for you to visit from both teams.  First us is the MTME team.
 
 
And here are blogs from the JUGs team.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today!


Photobucket

10 comments:

Karien said...

Hi Lisa
This is super cute!!
Hugs
Karien

Dawn said...

Stunning, love the colours used and the ribbon is so pretty. x

Anonymous said...

This is really cute, Lisa! What a fun set. Tracy:)

wendy said...

fabulous Lisa!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fun template - love your color choice~

Mary said...

Wonderful set! You'll be missed at MTME!

Elise said...

There's just SOMETHING about the color green! So FRESH! So exciting! LOVE that house, and your multi-use projects - such FUN! THEN, there's the use of JUGS sketch - YEOWZA, girl! That' a fun 'un, if EVER I've seen one! LOVE! Thanks for making it ALL look soooo good! :o)

Romaine said...

Lisa- LOVE!!! Somehow I have missed that sweet little template and I see you and Dawn ? used it. I must look for that one. darling!

Romaine said...

Lisa- LOVE!!! Somehow I have missed that sweet little template and I see you and Dawn ? used it. I must look for that one. darling!

Nancy said...

Green is my go to color apparently...it is what I have the most scraps of! LOL...Your card is so cute...love the text on the house and the way you did your sentiment! Nice work with an unusual sketch! Good luck wrapping up the school year!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin