Sunday, September 28, 2014

Christmas Card Challenge #44 - Anything Goes

Happy Sunday friends! What a lovely weekend it's been here in Western NY.  And on such a beautiful Sunday, I'm posting a Christmas card.  We can't get too comfy with the beautiful weather because we know that snow and cold air are coming quick!
 
This week over at the Christmas Card Challenge blog, there is an anything goes challenge.  I loved the red and brown colors in last week's photo.  I was going to use this paper last week, but changed my mind.  So I decided to use it this week.  Love how fast and easily this card came together.  The most difficult thing was trying to find the best ribbon for the tag!  The ribbon wasn't working, so I used brown twine.  That poinsettia flower is from a container of Prima flowers that I've had forever.  My stash is dwindling and I just love these flowers.  I can't find them anywhere and that makes me sad! Anyway, there are three flowers layered on top of one another and a glitter dot in the middle.  The leaf came in the container of flowers.  The red tag was run through the canvas impression plate to give it some texture.  That's it!  Very simple and fast!
 
I followed the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  I just realized that they are a CAS challenge.  I hope they don't through my card out!
 
You can see more Christmas inspiration on the Christmas Card Challenge blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Season's Greetings (PTI)
Paper:  Vintage cream, ruby red, chocolate chip, Holiday Treasures (SU)
Ink:  Memento rich cocoa
Accessories:  Tag Sale #8 die (PTI),canvas impression plate (PTI), Prima flowers, glue dots, twine, dimensionals


Photobucket

4 comments:

Gerrina said...

Love the "warm-blanket-feeling" of this card! Good luck with the challenge... Hugs, Gerrina

Tenia Nelson said...

What a gorgeous card!

laurie said...

Those are pretty poinsettia flowers! Beautiful card.

Amy O said...

I love the beautiful font on that sentiment. And the color combination is fun for a Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin