Saturday, September 27, 2014

Just Us Girls #260 - Photo Week

Hi all!  I didn't think I was going to make this challenge happen.  I usually create my cards the day before they are due, and last night there was not enough energy in my body to create one!  But I just could not get this photo out of my head that Sue V. chose for the Just Us Girls Photo Week.   Autumn is just my favorite time of year.  I've always loved autumnal colors and the cooler weather.  So I just could not pass this challenge up!  I got up early this morning to create a card.
Here's a close-up of the photo.  I was drawn to that fence, the black birds, and the pumpkins.
front porch- I could totally do this, because my deck fills up with leaves just this color.....
So I got to work with those ideas.  I started by watercoloring a background using various Distress Inks.  I found some weathered wood paper to die cut the fence from.  Then I went to work on die cutting the cute birds and that pumpkin.  I cut that out of watercolor paper and gave it some color and dimension using distress markers. I thought the simple sentiment was the perfect one.  I think it took longer to find the sentiment than to actually create the card!  Does that happen to you too?  I added some Wink of Stella on the pumpkin to make it look like frost on the pumpkin!  I don't usually make cards in the morning...I'm a night girl.  But I really like this card.  Maybe I should rethink my crafting hours!  LOL!

You have to stop by these blogs to see what the DT has done this week!  And we want to thank our Guest Designer, Bobby Hagen, for crafting with us this week!

Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps:  Scent-imentals (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, black, watercolor paper, Dolled Up (MME)
Ink:  Peeled paint, spiced marmalade, wild honey, ripe persimmon, rusty hinge distress inks; Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Love birds die (WP9), Polka Dot Parade #8 die (PTI), Framed Love Birds (MFT), Picket Fence (Memory Box), Wink of Stella shimmer, dimensionals


Photobucket

11 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Great card, Lisa! I love the watercolor background, but I also love the way you weathered your fence....very authentic. Lovely card!

Bobby said...

Love this scene, Lisa, and the inked background.

Anita in France said...

Wow, that watercolour background positively glows, Lisa ... such a fabulous scene! Anita :)

Alanna said...

This is beautiful Lisa. A gorgeous scene.I'm glad you were able to play along.

Cheryl said...

I think you should, Lisa!! Your card is stunning! Love that WC background! Gorgeous colors!
I hear you on the T-I-R-E-D! I made my card this morning and just now posted it!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful sponged bg and I adore the black birds!

sandie said...

Wow the background is just amazing Lisa and the birds in black really jump off the page. Love it and love the photo this week x

Gerrina said...

Woww, what a totally great Autumn card! Love the black birds and that fence looks so real! I craft whenever I got time: also when I wake up in the middle of the night; it depends just when an idea really has to go out of my head and on or from paper... So mI think you should!! Enjoy the weekend!

Nancy said...

Morning or night doesn't seem to matter at all...your mojo is always up and ready to go! Love your card and that background and fence look great! Love the various sizes of crows too!

Ina G said...

Gorgeous card. Love all the bright autumn colours too. Fabulous scene.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Lisa this is totally stunning! Your watercoloring is superb. That background is so soft and the perfect background for that pumpkin, awesome fence and the birds. So glad you were able to join in!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin