Saturday, May 14, 2016

Just Us Girls #343 - Trend Week


Hi friends!  We have a fun new challenge going on over at Just Us Girls!  It's our Trend Week, and Judy chose vellum as the trend to use this week.  It's certainly been making a comeback in blog land!
 
This is what I came up with.  I have to say that it's a case of a card Jennifer McGuire did in a recent Online Card Class called Clear and Sheer. I don't want to go into detail on how I colored the background (it's a paid class), but I embossed the image with white embossing powder, added the banner with a tiny attacher, and added sequins.  The vellum overlay has a flap on the other side that I attached to the cardstock base with strong adhesive.  I love this look and it was surprisingly easy to do!  I like the rainbow colors, but I may have to do more in ombre colors too!
 
You can see more from our JUGs design team and our May guest on the JUGs blog.
 
CLSH_participant
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Lace Bouquet (PTI), Banner Sayings (SSS)
Paper:  Recollections white, vellum
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, Versamark, tenny bikini, orange peel, butter bar (Hero Arts), fern, scuba, blue jay (SSS)
Accessories:  Folded banner die (SSS), white embossing powder, tiny attacher, sequins, mini Misti

Photobucket

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh la la...I love the rainbow. So soft and beautiful Lisa.

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful take on the class, love your beautiful colors. I think my favorite technique with vellum is the the white embossing, and you have don it perfectly here. Really pretty card!!!

Chris Dring said...

Oooh! I love the rainbow background with that vellum overlay! This looks amazing!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love that you used a class example -- awesome looking card!

Aileen said...

Lisa, love your card, looks so soft and pretty. Brilliant colour choices and stamped embossed image is perfect for this.

Maria said...

This is so pretty! I love that rainbow background and those embossed flowers are amazing! Great job!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Gorgeous background, and I love the white embossing...very pretty card!

Ina G said...

Beeeeutiful background. Love the vellum overlay and that gorgeous stamp.

Nancy said...

Stunning as usual Lisa! Love that background!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love those white flowers against that gorgeous background! I love the soft shading that you have achieved. Simply stunning!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin