Thursday, February 23, 2017

Time Out #77 Reminder - Home Sweet Home Challenge

Hey everyone!  Time Out's Home Sweet Home challenge is in its second week and I have a reminder card for you.
 
This is the picture of the room we want you to use as inspiration.
 
 
We are sponsored for this challenge by Stamplorations, and I'm using the sweet Trendy Birds stamp set.  I saw a card recently using butterflies stamped and colored in this way so I thought I'd try it.  I first stamped the birds (there are two different designs, and I used one of them twice) with Versamark ink onto Strathmore watercolor paper and embossed it with white powder.  To get the color on the paper, I scribbled ink from Tombow markers on acetate, sprayed it water, and placed it onto the paper.  I added more color where I thought it needed it.  I'm not sure this is truly my style, but it was something different to do.  I stamped the sentiment and added black sequins and a twine bow.  It's matted on black cardstock and popped up with fun foam.
 
You can see more from the Time Out design team and our guest, KandA, on the Time Out blog.
 
You can also see the great prize Stamplorations is giving away on the Time Out blog too!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps:  Trendy Birds (Stamplorations), Handwritten Borders (SSS)
Paper:  Recollections white, Strathmore watercolor, black
Ink:  Versamark, Versafine onyx black, Tombow markers
Accessories:  White embossing powder, twine, sequins, fun foam 

Photobucket

4 comments:

Nonni said...

Your style or not, you got wonderful results with the technique! Love it! Great color combo too!

sandie said...

I think this looks fab Lisa. I was wondering how you did it and now I know! I love the colours you used x

Anita in France said...

Soft and deliciously dreamy, Lisa ... I love the unstructured smooshing ... adds a fabulous element of freedom and movement to the birds! Hugs, Anita :)

Lynn said...

Oh the embossing and inking are amazing Lisa!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin