Friday, May 5, 2017

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #173 - Pick 6 Birthday Card


Hey friends!  Today is my first post as a Girl Friday on the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge blog!  I'm so excited to be working with these fabulous designers!  Did you see the announcements of who's on the team?  You can see it here and here.

This challenge is celebrating its 6th birthday!  So happy to be able to celebrate this milestone!  So the challenge is to use 6 of something on your card.  This can be done in a variety of ways!
No automatic alt text available.

My six things are not in-your-face noticeable, but it's there.  I used six different Zig marker colors on this card:  four on the flower and two on the leaves.  I should have limited the sequins to four, but I got carried away with them and added about nine of them!  I love this flower and the leaves are so pretty too!  I stamped them with Versamark on Bristol smooth white paper and embossed them with white embossing powder.  Then I colored them with the Zigs and die cut them with the coordinating dies.  I have a hard time leaving the white cardstock so plain, so I used a canvas impression plate to get some texture.  The sentiment was stamped with Versamark on black cardstock and embossed.  I cut the ends into a flag and mounted it on the card.  The white background was also spritzed with shimmer spritz for that shine I love so much!
 
I used the sketch for CAS(E) this Sketch for my layout.
 
Stop by the CAS-ual Fridays blog to see what the design team created for this birthday challenge and play along!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Pretty Posies, Young at Heart (Cas-ual Fridays)
Paper:  Recollections white, melon mambo, black
Ink:  Versamark, Zig markers
Accessories:  Pretty Posies dies (CF), canvas impression plate (PTI), white embossing powder, sequins, shimmer spritz, dimensional tape 


Photobucket

2 comments:

Hannelie said...

So pretty Lisa! Congratulations for being on the CASual Friday team! I am looking forward to see what you create!
Hugs

Vicki Dutcher said...

Hey GF congrats on this new team! We are semi dual sisters now ☺ pretty first card.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin