Saturday, June 3, 2017

Just Us Girls #396 - Word Week

Hey friends!  It's Word Week over at Just Us Girls and Ina chose die-cuts as the word.  How easy is that challenge these days?
 
I came home today to a box from Simon Says Stamp and this die (times two...I accidentally ordered two!  Happens All. The. Time!) and I had to use it.  It's been on my wish list for a while because it's been out of stock.  So I of course had to use it for this challenge.  I die cut it in the kiwi first.  The flower part is another die and it's cut from two shades of pink.  I added the pearl in the center.  The background behind the frame is blue china oxide ink sponged onto Bristol paper and spritzed with water.  Both pieces were spritzed with shimmer.  The front of the base was impressed with a linen plate.  I added the sentiment (stacked four times for dimension) and sequins for more sparkle.
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our June (can you believe it's June already?) guest, Estelle, on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Paper:  Recollections white, Bristol smooth, kiwi kiss, melon mambo, pink pirouette
Ink:  Broken china distress oxide
Accessories:  Floral Stem Collage die (Poppy Stamps), Impression Obsession word die, linen impression plate, shimmer spritz, sequins, fun foam

Photobucket

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Such a terrific card Lisa! Really love that the flower is part of the frame. I see why you liked it Twice (lol) as much! Always a pleasure to stop by! Have a great day!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun die cut flower - makes for a cute card.

Estelle TBT said...

What a lovely card Lisa! Using this die cut flower is a pretty idea!
Thank you very much for linking my blog 😊

Ina G said...

Love the background Lisa and such a pretty die cut. Sentiments always look fabulous die cut multiple times. Super nice!

Judy Woodland said...

Such a sweet card, love your pretty background and your die cut flower. Great take on the challenge.

Bobby said...

Beautiful, Lisa. I love the inked background and that die is wonderful. I have been know to accidentally order doubles. In fact I have a couple of dies hanging around that I should offer to someone.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is beautiful! I love that frame die and how you layered the flower. Your background looks great, too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin