Friday, November 17, 2017

CAS-ual Fridays #187 - Gratitude with Altitude

Hi everyone!  The challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays is Gratitude with Altitude.  What does that mean, you ask?  I was a little stumped too until I saw what the design team came up with.  Basically it's giving some "lift" to your thankful sentiments.
This is what I came up with.  I bought this stamp set way before I was on the design team.  I just loved it and the sentiments.  I die cut the curve on the main piece then curved the green image on my Mini Misti to follow it and stamped it.  Then I stamped the top sentiment in orange.  The middle sentiment was stamped in Versamark on desert storm cardstock and embossed in white.  I made it a smidge longer than the main panel and cut the ends into flags.  This piece was raised from the main panel using dimensional tape.  To give the desert storm piece behind this panel some texture, I ran it through a quilted embossing folder.  Spectrum noir shimmer was added to the green image and sequins completed the card.
 
I used this week's CAS(E) this sketch for my layout.  Very cool one!
 
You can see more from the design team on the CAS-ual Fridays blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Frankly (CF)
Paper:  Recollections white, desert storm
Ink:  Versamark, lime rickey, tutti frutti
Accessories:  Edgers die (Reverse Confetti), quilted embossing folder, white embossing powder, Spectrum Noir shimmer, sequins, dimensional tape

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin