Saturday, November 18, 2017

Just Us Girls #420 - Color Week

Hi friends!  It's color week at Just Us Girls and Angie chose a fun combo!
 
When I saw the new MFT release, I knew I wanted to get this deer die set and the chained link set.  When I finally got around to ordering it, they were sold out everywhere.  So sad!  But my LSS, Buffalo Stamps and Stuff, came through.  I got the last one of each!  Love that store! 
 
Anyway, I thought it would be perfect to use for this challenge.  I started by die cutting a stitched rectangle from Bristol paper and sponged Peacock Feathers oxide ink on it.  Then I doe cut two stitched snow drifts from the same paper.  I die cut the deer from brown cardstock and the antlers from some shiny gold paper as well as the sentiment.  For the first time, I used the Copic opaque white paint to spatter some to look like snow falling.  I added the gold hearts to the antlers and black enamel accents for the eyes. Love those antlers!
 
You can see more from the design team and our guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Paper:  Bristol white, recollections white, gold shine (MFT)
Ink:  Peacock feathers distress oxide, copic opaque white
Accessories:  Deer Love, Stitched Snow Drifts, Blueprints 13 dies (MFT); Winter Words die (Reverse Confetti); black enamel accents


8 comments:

Macimbalo said...

I LOVE those reindeer....wanted them too, when I saw them! You used this week's colors so perfectly - GORGEOUS card!!!

Nancy said...

I wanted those reindeer too...but I refrained! Glad you found them at your local stamping store! Your card is awesome as always! Love the gold antlers!! Have an awesome day!

Judy Woodland said...

I had NO idea what LSS was until I read Nancy's comment....lol. I, too, adore those gold antlers. And don't you just LOVE it when you score like that? Super cute card, well done!!!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love your card! I gotta try the spattering of snow-yours is great!
Can't wait to get my deer!

Bobby said...

It looks like love is in the air with those reindeer, Lisa. I love the gold antlers with the hearts.

Ina G said...

Cute as Lisa. Love your snowy scene with those awesome reindeers.

Maria said...

Oh my gosh those deer are soo cute and those antlers! Looks great!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Those reindeer are awesome! I love the gold antlers. Great scene with the snow banks and falling snow on that beautiful blended sky!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin