Thursday, December 7, 2017

Time Out #98 - Home Sweet Home Challenge

Hi friends!  This photo is from the Time Out challenge and I'm in love with it!  So much inspiration to take away from it.  Wait 'til you see what the design team created! 
These were perfect for our family's Christmas stockings since we don't have a fireplace! https://www.etsy.com/listing/244801883/christmas-stocking-holders-set-of-4:
I loved the white deer silhouette on that piece of wood when I first saw this photo.  I knew I had a stamp/die of a deer similar to it.  So I die cut it from white cardstock four times and stacked it.  Then I mounted it on an oval die cut from soft suede cardstock.  I debated my next step which was choosing some pattern paper.  I went back and forth with this one and a more "subdued" one.  In the end, I went with this because the patterns in the photo are so vibrant.  I'm glad I did!  I added some Spectrum Noir shimmer to the deer.  The banner was stamped in red and then die cut.  I like the way it looks across the deer.

You can see more from the design team and our guest for this challenge, Sarah, on the Time Out blog.

Thanks for stopping by!


Recipe
Stamps:  Magical Christmas (SSS)
Paper:  Recollections white, real red, soft suede, North Pole (Doodle Bug)
Ink:  Rockin' red (Catherine Pooler)
Accessories:  Magical Christmas die (SSS), oval die (Spellbinders), Spectrum Noir shimmer, dimensional tape 


7 comments:

sandie said...

This is such a fun card. I love you went with the patterns-I think the only one in our team that did-I am sure this will be inspiring for our players who have made all their cards and want a different angle-thanks for the inspiration x

Anita in France said...

The bright, playful polka dot background is fabulous with the crisp white stag, Lisa ... so fun and festive! Hugs, Anita :)

Sarah G said...

I love that polka dot background, Lisa - it really picks up on the red and green colour combo of the inspiration photo. A bright and fresh design :)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love this Lisa. That faun polka dot background is the absolute perfect setting for the bold white on Kraft stag. Love the banner to finish it off. Fantastic!

Nonni said...

Such a bright and happy card! I really love the polka for paper, it gives a fun, young feel to your card. Fabulous colors!

Nora Noll said...

Oh I am in love with the bold patterned paper you used behind this image. SO COOL!!

Jenny Colacicco said...

always love me a bit of patterened paper. What a gorgeous card. I love how you kept the main focal image plain so it didn't compete with the paper backrgound - inspired.

Jenny xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin