Saturday, April 21, 2018

Just Us Girls #437 - Color Week

Hey friends!  How are you on the color purple?  It's not my favorite, but I do like a challenge.  It's color week at Just Us Girls and Carol has chosen to prominently use purple on your card.


I must say I'm loving the purple!  I started with another stamp set I've had for a while that I haven't used.  This is a layering marble set from Waffle Flower and I could have done a better job with it had I watched their video tutorial.  But I do like the outcome mostly.  After stamping a much larger piece of cardstock, I die cut it with a stitched rectangle die.  I die cut another panel in an orchid card stock to mat it on.  Then I stamped the flower and leaves in black.  I didn't want to add any other colors and I thought coloring it in purple would be too much (at least for me!).  I did color the middle of the flower with a light purple copic.  Then I die cut the sentiment four times from black card stock and stacked them.  That and the center of the flower received some shimmer!  And of course to finish it off, I added some purple crystals (there they are again!).
 
I'm also entering this in the Creative with Stamps challenge.
 
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our April guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Layering Marble (Waffle Flower); Bloomin' Bouquet (C. Pooler)
Paper:  Recollections white, orchid opulence, black
Ink:  Sweet sixteen, pixie dust, flirty fuchsia, Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle dies (MFT), wet paint cuts die (PTI), Pretty Pink Posh crystals, Spectrum Noir shimmer, dimensional tape 

13 comments:

Karren said...

Your marbled background looks wonderful in purple and works so well with that gorgeous flower!

Maria said...

oh my gosh that background is sooo cool and the flower and sentiment just pop! Great job with this week's challenge.

JoAnn said...

Pretty card. Love the background and layout.
I sent you an e-mail with my address, did you get it???
JoAnn B.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous marbled background

Ina G said...

I love your marbled background Lisa. I bought that stamp set and it certainly isn't any easy one. Looks gorgeous in purple. I like how you left your flower neutral with just a touch of colour in the centre. Such a pretty card.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Ooooo I love all of this luscious purple. You did a great job with that marbling stamp! I love it. Another wonderful card for our challenge. Thanks for playing with us at CWS!

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous marbled creation Lisa~lovely flower too!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That marbled background is stunning! Love the black and white flower with the purple center and black sentiment against that gorgeous marble.

Bobby said...

I never thought of using purple or any other bright color for the marble, Lisa, but it looks fantastic. You can be sure I'll be trying it. I also have that flower stamp on my desk to try a technique with but I love that you did it in black and white. It's so stunning with the purple.

cm said...

Clever you to use the marble image as your background (I have this set and even though I watched the video, still don't get it right!) and such a pretty canvas for your lovely flower and hello! The black: bold and dramatic! LOVE this!
Hugs~carol

Macimbalo said...

Such a gorgeous background - love that marble look! Yours is so pretty in purple too! And I love how you kept the other elements black and white - STUNNING!

Nancy said...

Sorry I am late, life hasn't been kind this week! Love the background and layout. Such a great card as always Lisa!

Dorlene Durham said...

What a fun card. I love the background and the black/white florals. Wonderful! Thanks for joining the current challenge at Creative With Stamps. Dorlene DT CWS

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin