Saturday, February 29, 2020

Just Us Girls #525 - Wild Card!

Happy Leap Day friends!  Are you doing anything special on this extra day?  I'm going to a local Polish restaurant that is celebrating with a Krupnik fest!  Krupnik is a Polish liqueur that is made with honey.  It's so good!  We will also be eating some delicious Polish food! 
 
But today is also Wild Card week at Just Us Girls.  Since it's the fifth Saturday in the month, our hostess, Nancy, gets to choose any challenge she wants.  Nancy chose Inlay Die Cuts.
 
I bought this set (I actually bought the entire release from The Greetery) with this challenge in mind.  It's a very cool set to use.  I started by die cutting the word in the middle of the panel.  Then I took the layering leaves stencil that comes with the set and blended green ink around the word.  I took the next stencil and blended pink ink for the flowers.  To get the details on the leaves and flowers, I used the coordinating stamps and darker green and pink inks.  I adhered that panel onto the base and made sure to add lost of adhesive where the letters are.  I die cut the word again from pink cardstock, then inlaid them into the opening in the panel.  The tricky thing was to add those little white pieces that the die cut.  I actually had all but one of these pieces!  I had to die cut the letter A again just to get one of those tiny pieces!  After all this was done, I added pink crystals to the panel and shimmer to the letters.  The little banner with the embossed sentiment was added to the middle with some dimensional tape.
 
You can see more from our JUGs design team and our February guest, Betty, on the JUGs blog.  This is Betty's last week with us, and we were very happy to have her as our guest this month!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Easter Jubilee (The Greetery)
Paper:  Recollections white, pink, olive
Ink:  Versamark, Distress oxide: worn lipstick and crushed olive; C. Pooler: party dress and eucalyptus
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle (MFT), Easter Jubilee die and stencils (The Greetery), white embossing powder, crystals, shimmer, dimensional tape


7 comments:

LeAnne said...

What a gorgeous alphabet and a gorgeous card to highlight it! I need to check them out! Your Polish festivities sound yummy!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty. What a great use of inlaid cuts

Nancy said...

You bought the entire release because of this challenge.....Your welcome! LOL This card is Perfection!!!! That was some job to get all those intricate pieces back in! I am so impressed with your dedication! Truly fabulous!

Ina G said...

Spectacular creation Lisa. Lots of work here but so worth the end result. Gorgeous colour combination. Great buy there.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is beautiful and such a work of love! I can't even imagine replacing all of those tiny pieces, you must have the patience of a saint! I love all of the stenciling and beautiful depth of those flowers and leaves surrounding the pretty sentiment.

Bobby said...

What a lot of fussy work putting all those little pieces back into the word die, Lisa, but it was so worth it. Your card is gorgeous.

Betty J said...

I can see why you bought the set! You have shown they make a wonderful combination! Such a beautiful card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin