Thursday, February 27, 2020

Time Out #156 - Home Sweet Home

Hi friends!  We are getting through February...almost ready for spring!  And this picture for our new Time Out challenge certainly has some springy colors in it!
 
I have been wanting to make a bright blue and yellow card for a long time.  I love these two colors together!  For this card, I started with a stencil and some blue glittery paste.  Love, love this color and the sparkle is amazing!  In the photo, hanging on the wall, I spotted a doily-like plate so I found a doily die I my stash and die cut one from white card stock.  I used it as a backdrop for my floral arrangement.  I stamped and die cut the flower and leaves and arranged them on the doily.  I wanted to add a sentiment (mine is crooked I now see!) and first stamped and die cut it from white card stock, then wanted to see how it looked on yellow card stock.  I liked that look better!  I finished it with some yellow crystals. 
 
You can see more from our Time Out design team and our guest for this challenge, Maria, on the Time Out blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Courage (E. Hutson), Tiny Words Birthday (SSS)
Paper:  Recollections white, yellow
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, persimmon (MFT), Altenew: citrus burst, maple yellow, honey drizzle, bamboo, olive, moss
Accessories:  Courage dies (E. Hutson), Doily Details die (PTI), Skinny Strips (MFT), ray of light stencil (MFT), Nuvo glimmer paste-blue topaz, sequins, craft foam 


3 comments:

Anita in France said...

What brilliant shimmer and shine, Lisa ... the flower-and-leaf-topped doily is so pretty against it! Wonderfully eyecatching! Hugs, Anita :)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is truly wonderful, Lisa. I LOVE that blue ray background and all of that luscious color and sparkle. So glad you chose to mimic that white plate on the wall. Your bright yellow floral looks great on top of it. I really love everything about this card.

Nonni said...

Beautiful card! I especially love the yellow accents, the sentiment strip in yellow was a fab idea! xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin