Friday, September 18, 2020

Blessed

 Hello!  My mother-in-law asked me to make a special card for her.  She knows a young man from her church that is becoming a priest, and she is going to his ordination.  She gave me a good amount of time ahead of the occasion to make this card, and I used that time to ponder how to create this card.  I pulled out all the crosses I have and settled on this one.  This set is from The Greetery and is intended as an Easter set.  I die cut the cross from white cardstock then impressed it with a woodgrain plate.  I sponged antique linen distress oxide ink on it.  I stamped the palm leaves on the panel and layered the cross and other floral and leaf images on it.  The sentiment was die cut three times and adhered together.  I added shimmer to the flowers, cross, and sentiment.  I also added crystals for more shimmer.  I don't know if you can see it, but I stenciled the cross on the envelope and stamped some flowers and leaves on it as well.  This is a little larger than an A2 size card.


Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Caring Cross and Birthday Blooms (The Greetery); Wild Garden (C. Pooler)
Paper:  Recollections white, beige
Ink:  Sprout, parsley, sorbet, honeysuckle (C&9th), antique linen distress oxide
Accessories:  Caring Cross and Birthday Blooms dies (C&9th), Wild Garden dies (C.Pooler), woodgrain impression plate, crystals, shimmer, corner rounder, craft foam



1 comment:

Nancy said...

Stunning!!!!!! Way to go! He will love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin