Saturday, September 19, 2020

Just Us Girls #554 - Color Week

Hi friends!  Still navigating this new blogger!  I have always used Internet Explorer, but I've figured out it works better with Chrome.  So here we go.

It's Color Week at Just Us Girls and Carol has chosen these lovely colors:  green, pink and blue.  

When I think of these colors, I think of flowers.  So I chose to use a floral turnabout stamp set from Concord & 9th.  This is a two-step turnabout stamp set.  The first step is to stamp those tiny flowers and dots twice (instead of four times as usual).  I did this in blue and green inks.  Then the flowers and leaves are separate stamps that you stamp in the openings.  I chose to use two different shades of pink for the flowers and two for the leaves.  The sentiment strips coordinate with the set and I die cut them from blue cardstock.  I added them to the panel (which was die cut with a scallop die) and I notice they are not very straight!  Lastly, I added crystals for that sparkle I love.

You can see more from our JUGs design team and September guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Kindness Blooms (Concord & 9th)
Paper:  Recollections white, brocade blue
Ink:  Pink champagne, party dress, stone blue eucalyptus, spruce (C. Pooler)
Accessories:  Audrey cutaways die (Winnie & Walter), Kindness Blooms die (C&9th), crystals, craft foam



7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect use of the colors on that amazing background

Lindsey said...

Oh yay, a two-step turnabout might be less easy to mess up! :D And it's so very pretty in these colours. A lovely card!

Bobby said...

The scalloped border adds to the femininity of your lovely floral background stamping, Lisa.

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Lisa! Love the beautiful floral designs! Thanks for the inspiration!

Ina G said...

Gorgeous card Lisa. Great take on our colour challenge. Love the die cut sentiments.

Nancy said...

This is so pretty! You have used my favorite color blue...almost a periwinkle! Gorgeous!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

You are a master with those Turn-a-bout stamps! This is fabulous! Love the sentiment strips, too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin