Saturday, October 3, 2020

Just Us Girls #556 - Word Week

 Hi friends!  It's Word Week over at Just Us Girls, and Bobby chose PLAID.

I wanted to make a card for my friend's 10 year old granddaughter who recently broke her wrist riding her bike.  I had this gnome already colored and sitting on my desk, so I chose to use this.  Gwen had her hair in braids the last time I saw her, so I thought it was perfect.  And she has blonde hair!  I recently got this mini slimline card and envelope die set from Trinity Stamps which worked perfectly.  I first stamped the plaid background in orchid ink then die cut the tag from it.  I also die cut the scallop rectangle and adhered the tag to it with craft foam.  The sentiment die was die cut three times and stacked for dimension.  The gnome was adhered with dimensionals.  I added the twine, crystals and star dust stickles to the heart.


You can see more from our JUGs design team and our October guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Spring Gnomes (SSS), Sketch Plaid bg (C. Pooler)
Paper:  Recollections white, orchid
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, copics, sweet sixteen
Accessories:  Mini slimline card & envelope die set (Trinity Stamps), spring gnomes die (SSS), twine, crystals, star dust stickles, craft foam, dimensionals




7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a cute gnomette image :) - She goes great with the plaid.

cm said...

I'm sure your sweet gnome brightened Gwen's day immensely; you're a gem for designing and personalizing it just for her! So special! Hope her wrist heals quickly so she can get back on her bike!
hugs~carol

Macimbalo said...

So cute, I love that color and that gnome is adorable!!!

Nancy said...

What an adorable and thoughtful card! What a sweet thing to do!

Maria said...

Very cool plaid in purple! Love that image so cute! Great job.

Bobby said...

How sweet of you to send this darling card to your friend's granddaughter. I'm sure she'll love the reference to her pigtails. The colors are lovely and the slimline card is the perfect size for her.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that plaid background and this is absolutely perfect and so personal to help cheer up your friend's daughter as she heals. I love that image!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin