Saturday, June 12, 2021

Just Us Girls #588 - Trend Week

Hello!  It's Trend Week over at Just Us Girls and Carol has challenged us not to stamp anything on our cards.
 

I decided to use just die cuts on my card for this challenge.  I went through all of my dies and chose one I haven't used yet.  I saw this exact card sample (in different colors) at my LSS long ago and bought these Spellbinders dies to recreate it.  There are three layered dies and I chose a dark pink for the bottom layer, a light pink for the middle layer, and white for the top layer.  I die cut each one five times and layered them together to create five final triangles.  I arranged them on a slimline size card.  I then die cut the hugs die from the dark pink cardstock and the layer from vellum.  For some finishing touches, I added white pearls and shimmer spritz.  (Sorry for the bad photo.  It was late, I had bad lighting, and I have trouble getting good photos of slimline cards in general.)

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our June guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  Recollections white, pretty in pink, pink passion, vellum
Accessories:  Kaleidoscope Triangles (Spellbinders), Big Hugs dies (Birch Press Design), pearls, shimmer spritz


8 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love Birch Press products -- these triangles are awesome!

Greta said...

Just love the look of this card!

Macimbalo said...

Gorgeous looking slimline! Love the colors you layered especially!

cm said...

Your Kaleidoscope Triangles are ever so lovely, Lisa! I've bee eyeing some from Spellbinders as well, but haven't made the plunge yet. Seeing what you've done here may be just the nudge I need! Love this!
hugs~carol

Bobby said...

Hard to believe you haven't used those dies before, Lisa, and even harder to believe you remembered what the sample card looked like. ;) I see cards all the time but when I get ready to recreate it I forget the details. This looks gorgeous with all the layers and the five triangles arranged up and down.

Nancy said...

Such a fun and so unusual card...in a very good way! I love it!

Ina G said...

Love this fabulous layuout Lisa. Gorgeous shades of pink and lovely big sentiment die.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love those layered die cuts in the triangles! Beautiful design and colors!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin