Saturday, September 18, 2021

Just Us Girls #602 - Color Week

 Hi everyone!  The challenge over at Just Us Girls this week is a beautiful color challenge chosen by our Nancy.  Perfect for the upcoming fall season.

I recently got this cool Patchwork Pumpkins stamp and die set from Honey Bee and thought it would look great with Nancy's colors.  (The far end of the pumpkin looks pink-ish, but it's actually red!)  I started by die cutting the large red piece, the orange piece, then the yellow from white cardstock.  There is a stencil that goes with this set, and I used it to apply the red, orange and yellow inks with a blender brush to these pieces.  I then stamped the designs in the coordinating colors on each piece.  I die cut one additional piece to layer behind the orange piece and two more pieces to add behind the yellow piece for dimension.  I stamped and die cut the leaves and added green ink and stamped and die cut the stem in brown.  (Hoping to use those colors as neutrals!)  I also stamped and die cut the vine pieces and added all of them to the white base.  That base was stamped with a frame stamp in brown as was the sentiment.  I fussy cut the sentiment and added it to the pumpkin.  The card base is dark brown.  Shimmer spray and crystals were added for sparkle.

You can see more from our JUGs design team and our September guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Patchwork Pumpkins (Honey Bee), Freehand Border Large (Rubbernecker)
Paper:  Recollections white, early espresso
Ink:  Rockin' red, orange twist, tiara, spruce, icing on the cake
Accessories:  Patchwork Pumpkins dies (HB), stitched rectangle (MFT), crystals, shimmer spray


10 comments:

Nancy said...

Such a great fall card and I love the stitching that frames it in! Awesome as usual and I would expect nothing less! BTW, I fixed your link too! Take care!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that big, colorful, patterned pumpkin! Cool frame on this, too. And as usual, the perfect touches of bling!

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... you fooled me. I wouldn't have guessed this was a die set. I thought you had layered ovals the you had stamped/stenciled with background patterns. So love Honey Bee! I really like your hand doodle border... very cute! All in all...a very fun fall card!

Macimbalo said...

Cool! Such a fun pumpkin design!!!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful quilted pumpkin! love the mix of colors and patterns!

cm said...

Your patchwork pumpkin has captured my heart! LOVE this!
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

Fabulous fun die/stencil set you used Lisa. Great use of this weeks colours and super doodles and bling.

Bobby said...

I thought of getting this pumpking too, Lisa. I love how the challenge colors worked on it. I kind of reminds me of quilting. After seeing Elizabeth's comment, I may try to do this with ovals.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun use of the colors and pattern -- well done

Cécile RIBON said...

What a cute and fun pumpkin, Lisa! I just love your cheerful mix of colors and patterns.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin