Saturday, August 27, 2022

Just Us Girls #647 - Photo Week

Hi friends!  Lisa E. is the hostess this week for the Photo Week challenge at Just Us Girls.  She chose this cute back to school photo.
 

I'm a retired teacher and have no children going back to school, so I chose to use the colors in the photo instead.  (Getting off topic here, but who loves to look at all the new school supplies every year in the stores?  Me, me, me!  I don't know what it is about new school supplies, but I just love them!)  Back to the card.  I'm in a fall mood and chose this wreath stencil to use with the colors in the photo.  I wanted the one leaf to look more red, but it looks brown-ish.  I did use yellow ink and red over it.  After stenciling, I die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle.  Then I stamped and die cut the sentiment and die cut it two more times to stack for dimension.  The secondary sentiment was stamped below it.  I added crystal baubles for shimmer and mounted this panel on a teal card stock.  Can't wait for cooler fall weather (and Buffalo Bills football, which I'm watching now)!

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our August guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Wishes Enclosed (Mama Elephant)
Paper:  White, teal
Ink:  Berrylicious, sweet mustard, aquamarine, gathered twigs
Accessories:  Leaves Wreath stencil (SSS), Wishes Enclosed die (ME), stitched rectangle (MFT), crystals


9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

We're two peas in a pod, Lisa... I love all of the back to school supplies too! I had our granddaughter here for remote Kindergarten during the Covid shutdown and I loved seeing all of her little things spread out on the table! I also love the direction you took using the colors on this pretty fall birthday card!

cm said...

Retired teacher here as well and yes, looking at back-to-school supplies is such fun!
Your take on the photo is fall-fabulous. Beautiful leaves and oh, how I'm crushing over the addition of the blue/teal ones. Love this!
hugs~carol

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... congrats on making the jump to fall! Such fun leaves...

Nancy said...

I LOVE this card!!! It is surely one of my favorites of yours! Awesome balance and color!!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

That font of the sentiment goes perfectly with the leaves! Well done.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love all of those pretty, colorful leaves surrounding the sentiment. And of course, the perfect scattering of bling! Great inspired card!

Cathy said...

Great take on the challenge pic, love the colourful leaves, they really pop against the teal base, Cathy x

Bobby said...

This was a great way to be inspired by the challenge colors, Lisa. I love the leafy wreath and all the little dots and bling that fill it in.

Ina G said...

Love the direction you took here Lisa with those colourful leaves. So pretty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin