Saturday, March 4, 2023

Just Us Girls #669 - Color Week

 Hello!  Ina has chosen these beautiful colors for the Color Week challenge at Just Us Girls this week.  Let's have some fun with them!

I have had this idea to create a card with strips on a diagonal for a while.  I love this design and thought it would work well with these colors.  I used a strip die in two sizes to create the strips.  The blue and yellow strips are larger than the black strips.  I adhered double sided tape in the two inch size (I think) on a piece of white cardstock then adhered the strips on a diagonal.  Once done, I used a stitched rectangle die to cut it down.  I then die cut the floral frame and sentiment from black and yellow card stock.  I layered the flower and sentiment, offsetting them.  I added crystals and was done!  Easy card, but it's very bold!  

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our new March guest, Michele Ferguson, on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  Black, aqua, yellow, white
Accessories:  Slim Strips dies (Pink Fresh), Floral Stem Collage die (Poppy Stamps), Hello There die (MFT), stitched rectangle (MFT), crystals


10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of the colors - love the layout!

I Card Everyone said...

Perfect time for a delightful design, Lisa!
=]

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... love this! It is a little bit like an Escher with more than one viewpoint. Love it!

Carol said...

I have been drawn to these diagonal strip designs lately and yours is so striking. I love hose your shadowed the flower and "hi" too!! Great use of our colors as well! Nice card Lisa!!!!!!

Nancy said...

Love the stripes and the fun dies! Nice job with the colors!

cm said...

Your diagonal strips are fabulous! I'm smitten with your oh-so-cool eye-catching design!
hugs~carol

Lisa Elton said...

The stripes did work well and I like the flower die! Cute card, Lisa!

Ina G said...

Fabulous idea to use the colours as your striped background Lisa. Love the floral frame and sentiment die.

Bobby said...

The flower frame die was a great choice to add to the striped panel, which I love, Lisa. Done in black it holds its own as a focal point.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love the dramatic way you used these colors! That flower frame with the layered flower looks amazing against that background!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin