Saturday, March 11, 2023

Just Us Girls #670 - Word Week

 Hello friends!  This week over at Just Us Girls, Elizabeth has chosen the word RAINBOW for our Word Week challenge.  So many options!

I have had these rainbow stamps and dies from Erin Lee Creative for a long time, and this is the first time I'm breaking them out!  I started by die cutting the rainbow in different card stock colors as well as the sun.  I taped the rays on the back side to keep them together.  Before adhering them to the card, I stamped the main sentiment.  Then I was able to adhere the rainbow and stamp the secondary sentiment, which I had to curve on the MISTI to match the curve of the rainbow.  I then added the sun using dimensionals.  I also added star dust stickles to the rays of the sun and some crystals for that shimmer I love.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our March guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Hugs Sunshine Smiles & Rainbows (Erin Lee Creative)
Paper:  Whiite, red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple
Ink:  Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  A2 Rainbow Rays die (E. Lee), sun die (E. Lee), crystals, star dust stickles


11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Lisa, you were saving that set for the perfect moment! I love big sentiments and you've created the perfect rainbow!
=]

Carol said...

I reallly like this card! Great sentiments and the fun rainbow coming from the sun!!! I love the Stickles on the sun too!!!!

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... love the vibrancy of this card! it feels like a great big hug!

Bobby said...

The curve of your rainbow is fabulous, Lisa, and I love how part of the sentiment curves with it.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love this fun, happy birthday card! That big sentiment is awesome paired with your beautiful rainbow and sparkly sun. Perfect placement using your MISTI for the additional sentiment.

Ginger said...

What a wonderful card to spread joy to someone else! Great job!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect sentiment with that fun rainbow

Nancy said...

This turned out so well, Lisa! I love the bold greeting and the curvy one too, and the rainbow is so fun and whimsical. You were way over do to crack open this great stamp and die set.

Lisa Elton said...

Now that's a FUN rainbow! I love the way you curved the sentiment to match it. Cute card, Lisa!

cm said...

Talk about an impressive debut of your new products! Such a pretty rainbow; perfect pairing with the eye-catching bold sentiment.
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

Fabulous rainbow card Lisa. Great layout and what an awesome big bold sentiment which is just perfect.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin