Sunday, May 18, 2008

Featured Stamper...Dawnsing


Today's Featured Stamper is Dawn aka Dawnsing on SCS. She has a great gallery and blog that you can visit. I chose to case this card from her gallery. I really liked her flourish in the main image and I immediately thought of Frames with a Flourish which was one of the stamp sets I received *free* because of my sales during the Sale-A-Bration promotion. I hadn't even cut it up yet, so this was the perfect time to do that! The things I changed were obviously the stamp set, the sentiment (mine is from PTI), and the papers. Even though I kept mine blue, it's a different blue. I also got to use the chocolate chip poly-twill ribbon that you can find in the current SU mini catalog. Everything worked out really nicely for casing this card! You know how when you're done with a card and you sometimes want to change something that you didn't even think of while making it? Well, after I took the picture and sat down to upload it to my blog, I realized that the main panel should have been white, not vanilla! I probably shouldn't have said anything cause now you are sitting there going "oh yeah! I didn't even notice!" Well, I did but it was too late! I'll probably be sending it to my husband's aunt who has been hospitalized for quite a while and hopefully she won't notice! Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps: Frames with a Flourish, Simple Little Things (PTI)
Paper: Soft sky, chocolate chip, very vanilla, Afternoon Tea, soft sky and close to cocoa dp
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: brads, chocolate chip poly-twill ribbon, dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig

2 comments:

Kay Kalthoff said...

I love how this card turned out - You did a great case. I had to go look at my catty - don't know that I've paid much attention before to Frames and Florishes! TFS!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful Lisa! Love your colours and the use of the flourish set!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin