Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Sick Little Moose!

Isn't this little guy so pathetic-looking? I just love these Riley moose stamps from Hanna Stamps! I just purchased about six of them unmounted because they are so much more reasonably priced. I simply mounted them on some EZ mount cling vinyl that I got at GinaK Designs. I only purchased one sheet, but I've mounted several stamps and still have some left over. I have to put that on my list of things to get. Once the stamps are mounted on the cling vinyl, you simply adhere them to your clear block and stamp away! You get a very nice impression. I needed a get well card for my friend's DH who had a partial knee replacement last week. He's doing well, and I thought this little Riley moose was "manly" enough to send to him. I had a dickens of a time making this because all I wanted to do was add something scalloped or add a pretty bow and ribbon! This is what I ended up with...some brads! I used Not Quite Navy, Pumpkin Pie and Basic Gray. The pumpkin and gray were stamped with Flannel bg stamp (that's a "manly" stamp in my book!) with pumpkin pie and basic gray inks. The sick little Riley was colored with copic markers. I decided to add the white after I had already adhered the pumpkin to the base, so there's not a lot showing, but it just popped the pumpkin off the navy so much better. I wish I had thought of it earlier! The sentiment is from an Inkadinkadoo clear set...I don't remember which one. I hope he gets a chuckle out of this one. I wrote on the inside "I hope you are up and chasing Maria around soon!" He'll like that! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Veteran's Day!
SmileyCentral.com
Recipe
Stamps: Sick Riley (Hanna Stamps), Sentiment (Inkadinkadoo), Flannel bg (SU retired)
Paper: Not quite navy, pumpkin pie, basic gray, white
Ink: Pumpkin pie, basic gray, Adirondack black, copic markers
Accessories: Ticket corner punch, round punches, SU brads, dimensionals

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful coloring on this! Yes he is a perfect image for a guy get well card. Great layout... love how you punched some of the corners, too.

LeAnne said...

How sweet! I am sure he will enjoy this card!!! It is a perfect guy image!
LeAnne

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin