Friday, January 16, 2009

Cast Away Love

Hi! I participated in my first VSN...Virtual Stamp Night! I've never played before, so I thought with my dh out at a lacrosse game and me stuck in the house because the weather is treacherous and near zero, I'd try my hand at this. The challenge is called "Cast Away Love" and can be found here. We were to make something called a "scrapling', which is a scrap from cutting a 4.25 square card.

My scrapling is 1.75" by 5.5". I didn't have a scrap of this pink pirouette, so I just cut what I needed. I first stamped the butterfly on Bella dp and cut out the wings. Then I stamped the image on the scrapling and paper pieced the wings. I did the tag next and colored the hearts with Riding Hood Red and a blender pen. I then placed the prima with dew drop on it and layered the tag with riding hood red. It needed something, so I embossed the swiss dots border folder between the image and the tag and drew in some score lines with my Scor-pal. Cute use of scraps. These could be little gift cards, tags on gifts, or anything your imagination comes up with! This was a fun "mini" VSN challenge for me! Thanks for stopping by:
Recipe
Stamps: Happy Heart Day
Paper: Pink pirouette, riding hood red, PTI white, Bella dp
Ink: Adirondack black, riding hood red
Accessories: Prima, dew drops, swiss dots border folder, small and large tag punches, Scor-Pal, mini glue dots

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

OMW, this is too stinkin' cute! I have seen these but never made any---what clever images you've added to yours!
LeAnne

Cheryl said...

oh so cute! Great job with the challenge! I love the layers on this tall, thin scrapling!
(and thanks for the heads up, I didn't even know it was a VSN weekend! I don't play (too much pressure!), but love to see the challenges and cards!)

dj said...

too cute--I just love scraplings!! By the way, I tagged your blog as one of my favorites. Steph tagged me and I am playing along with this tag game. Go see my blog and you will know what I mean. Happy Stamping!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is just darling! I've seen a few of these in the galleries and wondered what they were -- LOL!!! Thanks so much for the explanation!!! NOW it makes sense!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin