Sunday, January 11, 2009

Love is Bliss

I made this card for three reasons today. First of all, it is for the Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS. Jaydekay (Judy) is the FS today and her gallery is full of such inspiration! Second, I chose a layout of Judy's specifically to use with the cute image I received as an RAK from Dawn (flowergal). She was the featured stamper a few months back, and I commented that I loved this image. She sent me a few of them along with some others...so nice! And lastly, I wanted to make my dh a Valentine. If you look closely at what the angel is stamping, it says "I Love You". So I thought this image would be perfect for a Valentine. This card looks a little too feminine, but so what! He thinks I waste too much time and money on this craft anyway! (He's right, but he'll never see this post, so I can say that! LOL!)

I started this card with the paper...Basic Grey's new Bittersweet. I figured stripes for a manly card. Then I took out my copic marker chart and pulled out all the markers that went with this paper. There were a lot! I colored her up (I still need practice with these) and added glitter to her wings, the button on her sleeve, her hair, and the little ruffle on her pocket. The hearts were punched with a Creative Memories punch I forgot I had, and the words are from MFT's Boho Blossoms. I added the twine behind the hearts, like in Judy's card. I added the dew drops because there was this big old white spot glaring at me. They filled the spot nicely and added color to that area. On the inside, I just used some scraps and that new Martha Stewart Flourished Border punch. I didn't put a sentiment on the inside yet because I didn't have anything I liked. I don't have a lot of Valentine stamps, and I just ordered some of Verve Visual's new Valentine sets, so I'll wait until I get them to put the sentiment inside. That's it! I have another post below...another sketch challenge, so be sure to scroll down! Have a great Sunday!
ETA: Visit Cheryl Rowley at her blog, Cottage Creations, for some great cards (she does amazing things with copic markers) and a great blog candy giveaway!
Recipe
Stamps: Ronda Stamping Angel (High Hopes), Boho Blossoms (MFT)
Paper: PTI white, Bittersweet (Basic Grey)
Ink: Rose red, copic markers
Accessories: Twine, dew drops, CM heat punch, glitter, dimensionals

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

What a great Valentine! It subtly says that Love is stamping! Terrific coloring on this to match the paper!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin