Friday, February 26, 2010

Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge

Happy Friday everyone! I'm here with a Makeup for the Weekend challenge from Paper Makeup Stamps. This week Lisa McKinney is hosting and she chose an inspiration challenge. Look at the fantastic picture she chose for inspiration.I am a very literal person...even with sketches, so I naturally went literal with this picture and created this card.I'm not sure I like my brayering. I should have used glossy cardstock...I know that works much better, but I forgot and just used regular cardstock. I brayered Cool Caribbean ink (retired SU) using a piece of ripped paper to keep the white on the bottom. (I tried to soften the white/blue edge with more caribbean ink by using a dauber. Not sure I like that either!) I punched a 1" circle for the sun and placed that on the cardstock while I brayered the caribbean ink. Then to get the yellow, I used the negative piece from the circle punch, placed it around the opening and inked that with barely banana. I like the effect of the white around the edges. I used Friendly Flowers for the flowers/vines and the sentiment is from Birthday Cheer. The butterflies were created with a Martha Stewart punch using Basic Grey's June Bug dp. There are crystals on each butterfly and star dust stickles on the flowers. I used my new grass border punch that I just purchased on my shopping trip last weekend with my friend Cheryl. Oh, and I sewed around the edges! I'm real happy with that! LOL!!

So what do you think? I'd love to hear from you. I like the outcome. I actually made this on Monday and thought of changing it all week, but left it alone...I had more DT work to do and other things going on this week after work! No time to play around! Check out the details for this challenge on the PMS blog. You can link up your creation on Mr. Linky there for us to see!

Thanks for stopping in and I hope you have a great weekend! I know I so look forward to mine! See you tomorrow for a My Time Made Easy template challenge from Just Us Girls! You won't want to miss that!

Recipe
Stamps: Dream Big, Birthday Cheer (PMS)Paper: Neenah white, summer sun, garden green, June Bug (Basic Grey)
Ink: Barely banana, garden green, cool caribbean
SU Markers: Real red, baroque burgundy, garden green, summer sun, really rust
Accessories: MS butterfly and grass punches, 1" circle punch, crystals, star dust stickles, brayer, sewing machine

18 comments:

Cheryl said...

I ALWAYS love your inspiration projects! You pull together the perfect stamps, papers and embellishments to carry off a wonderful inspired piece and this is no exception!
Love this springy scene!
(Guess what? No school for me today! SNOW and WIND!!

Michelle VP said...

What do I think? This is AMAZING! How could you possibly consider changing even one little thing on it? I love the background you created and the two-toned flowers and colorful butterflies and the sparkle and stitching and grass and EVERYTHING! Wow! My birthday is in April and I can send you my address if you want to hold this beauty for me. {wink}

Katie Cotton said...

OMG girl! I was thinking of doing something similar (didnt get to it) now i'm just glad i didnt! Your card is too perfect!

Ginny said...

I LOVE this card! It is really fantastic and makes me want to start using my brayer again. So many small details, I love it.

Randee E said...

Like I said before - I LOVE THIS CARD!! If I could be creative enough, this is exactly what I would do :0). NOw to come up with something without CASE-ing every little thing (haha). Love the little pink/red dots you did along the stems and the grass border, and the glitter, and the b-flies, yada, yada, yada!!

Christi Flores said...

Girl this is amazing!! I am in LOVE!!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

I've said it once, and I'll gladly say it again...what you did with this inspiration picture is just PHENOMONAL! I just went "ooooohhhh" and had to look at every single detail you added. From the colors to all the amazing stamping you did...girl, I don't know where this creativity comes from, but you just were AMAZING on this card. That is a masterpiece that should be FRAMED!

Tina said...

This is an impeccable card Lisa, amazing work. My favorite Lisa card EVER.

Monique said...

I think it is amazing..Wow...so much detail...Very nice Lisa!!

diane zechman said...

Oh Lisa, I LOVE this! Fabulous!

Laurie said...

Love this card, can not imagine anything could make it better. Didn't need to change a thing. TFS

Shaela said...

This. Is. GORGEOUS!!! :) Fabulous job!!

Dawn B. said...

OH my goodness this is pretty. I am so longing for those fresh summer days full of color and blue skies.. Here in NC we are famous for our blue skies.. This is so pretty Lisa. I am glad you went with your "literal" interpretation..Great job.

Anonymous said...

This is STUNNING!!! I was blown away by this...you are AMAZING :)

Danni said...

Wow..wow..wow!! This is truly a stunning card! Gorgeous beyond gorgeous! Fabulous job!

Melyssa said...

OMG!!! This card is absolutely beyond GORGEOUS!! WOOOOOOOW!!

Canda said...

This is really beautiful! You did a great job with this challenge :)

dawnmercedes said...

This is an amazing card. I think you should get it scanned in and make a print...and print off a pile of these cards!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin