Saturday, June 12, 2010

Paper Makeup Stamps Review Day - Tweet Things

Hi again everyone! Wow! I cannot remember when I've had two posts in one day! Please make sure you scroll down to see my JUGs card...I'm really proud of that one!

Today some of the Paper Makeup Stamps design team are reviewing the newest set released this week called Tweet Things. It has the cutest birds in it and some really great sentiments. I used the hummingbird image on a card I did here. You can see more of what the DT did on the PMS blog. Now here's what I did today. Now are you going to sing that song all day that we all sang as kids? Two little birdies sittin' in a tree...k-i-s-s-i-n-g? Remember that one? LOL! That's all I thought about while making this card! This cute image could be used for a variety of occasions....Valentine's Day, an engagement, wedding shower, just because.

I started with the Taylored Expressions sketch. The dp is Basic Grey's Bittersweet and the cardstock is SU's Pink Pirouette and Soft Suede. I love pink and brown together! They are separated with some pink rick-rack that matched perfectly, and the flowers are glittered and I added the pink square crystals to the centers. The image was colored with copics and cut and embossed with a circle nestie, then backed with the big scallop nestie that I just got this week! I added some star dust stickles on the hearts. The sentiment was stamped in Chocolate Chip and I made a wavy banner using tape and glue dots to hold it down. I did some sponging and was done!

Make sure you stop by the PMS blog to see what they did with this set and the PMS store to see the June release!

I have to mention one more thing! I am going to a class today taught by none other than Tim Holtz himself! Our LSS, Buffalo Stamps & Stuff, was able to snag him for this weekend to do 4 classes! I'm taking one called Generation Grunge. It's a four-hour class! My friends Cheryl Rowley (I was just talking to her on the phone) and Tracy Harp are going with me! I'm sure we'll have a great time and some pictures on my blog tomorrow, so make sure you stop by!

Thanks for stopping today, and make sure you scroll down to see my JUGs card!

5 comments:

Kathryn B said...

Well I couldn't not comment on this beauty! Such a cute image and I love the soft pink and brown colors you used...very very nice!

Silke Ledlow said...

So beautiful and soft looking Lisa!!! Wonderful take on the Sketch!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Michelle VP said...

Such beautiful color choices and details on your card. Love the wavy banner for the saying. :) Looking forward to seeing what you learn at Tim Holtz's class. How fun! :)

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Lisa this is soooooo ADORABLE. I love all that you've put into it. Those papers are just perfect. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your color choices and those big scallops on your circles. I looked at those when we were at BSS but held myself back. Now you are making me want them!!!

Tina said...

What a swet card Lis.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin