Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Time Made Easy - Sneak Peek

If you are looking for my Just Us Girls post, please click here.

Happy Saturday everyone! I'm here with a sneak peek from My Time Made Easy. Lauren has created some fantastic templates once again, and I have a fabulous one to share today. It's called Carry It and we have some terrific stamp sets from Lauren and Catherine Doucette for the holidays that you won't want to miss out on! Here's my take on Carry It. What you are looking at is a gingerbread house on steroids! LOL!!! I googled gingerbread houses and found that most of them are loaded with candy canes, lattice pretzels, gum drops, and icing! So that's what I did using every new stamp set being released this month and then some! One of the gingerbread houses I saw had candy canes framing the door, and I tried to mimic that here. The only thing is that this image is really a peppermint stick. I just bent the stamp on my block to create a sort of candy cane. The door is from the previously released Home Improvement stamp set. All the images on this side were stamped in Ranger Snow Cap pigment ink, then embossed with white embossing powder. I love the windows in this set called Sugar & Spice. There is a beautiful matching door that was too large to used with my candy canes. I love the lollipop and those delicate snowflakes. The windows were just begging to be decorated with holly and berries.Is this a cute gingerbread girl or what? In The Gingersnaps stamp set, there is also a man and a boy. I love the peppermint candies too!
This is the smaller of the two deer in the Dashing Through the Snow stamp set. I've added tons of stickles to EVERYTHING on this template! I just love all the sparkle! The snow/icing on the bottom is a Martha Stewart icicle border punch. The icing hanging from the roof is also a Martha Stewart border punch (I can't remember the name). The roof is from the Cherry on Top digital paper from MTME also.

You can see more of this template on our DT blogs by stopping by some of our MTME DT blogs.

You can also get lots of inspiration in the My Time Made Easy Gallery. Thanks for stopping by today! I'll be back on Monday (release day) with a MTME group post from the MTME DT! See you then!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh Lisa, this is just precious! I love all the sweet details you added to each side of the house! Fabby job :)

Catherine Couch Doucette said...

You KNOW I love this :0) I love the snowflakes on the house too...I'm going to have to try that idea!

Unknown said...

awe!! I love the 'heart' candy canes around the door...this is so sweet -pun intended! Smart idea using the drippy goo punch on the roofline, love it. Magnificent details!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable, Lisa! LOVE all your candy details, and the sparkle from the "frosting!" LOVE the holly above the windows, too!

AKiteFlier said...

CUteness alert - cuteness alert - LISA this is just the cutest little house - oh my gosh I love the bent candy cane idea - way to go girly - so cute all the way around!!!

Monique said...

Lisa this is adorable.!! Full of Ymminess. I love the little reindeer on the side.. The snow on the bottom and the goo on top.. Love all the embossing.. Just Fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

Great job Lisa! The more candy the better!! lol. The snowflakes are an awesome touch!! So brilliant :)

Dawn B. said...

Lisa this is beautiful.. I love all the stamps you used. What a great house.. your decorating is awesome. Every year we decorate houses and it is so fun.. Thanks for sharing your creation.

diane zechman said...

What a sweet house, Lisa! I love the windows and peppermint candies.

Carma said...

What fabulous details! Love this yummy "house" with lots of room inside for more goodies.

Cheryl said...

Stunning gingerbread house project! Love the multi use peppermint stick! Great windows, and well, just EVERYTHING!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin