Saturday, January 7, 2012

Just Us Girls #118 - Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday!  Today is the first challenge for 2012 at Just Us Girls.  The first challenge of the month is our sketch challenge, and our fabulously creative Pam has given us this great sketch to work with. 
I decided that I wanted to color because I haven't done a lot of that lately.  These stamps have been sitting around for far too long.  This image is Winter Marci from La-La Land Crafts.  I picked it up at a stamp show over the summer.  I must have used about 20 copic markers on this image!  I haven't used that many in one sitting in a long time!  The dp is from My Mind Eye's Lost and Found Madison Avenue.  The flowers are Primas and the pearl flourish is from Want 2 Scrap (love those flourishes!).  The sentiment is from Paper Makeup Stamps.  It was part of a kit from last year, so I'm not sure if it's still available.
Wait until you see the cards the girls created with this sketch!  They are all so different and so fabulous!  We have a new featured designer this month, too.  Here are the blogs you'll want to visit.

Kylie Kueter, January Featured Designer

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a great weekend!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Elise said...

LISAAAAA! {YOU are so clever!} This was completely and totally WORTH all of the delightful color work! HOW exquisite is that darling girl colored - oh MY! I'm so glad you tossed in that bling, for compliment! IT'S an OUTSTANDING combo - for sure! Yee Haw, GF! YOU rocked this sketch!

Lynn said...

Oh how sweet is that little girl! And I love the soft inking you did around the edges...and the pearls...oh my goodness. All around beautiful Lisa.

Stempeltiger said...

Lisa, this card is so gorgeous and beautifully coloured.
I just love all the elements to it.
Hugs, Swantje

Andrea M said...

Lisa, this is just the purdiest thang!!! I LOVE this color combo and you're coloring is AMAZING! J'aime indeed! What a BEAUTIFUL card GF!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So very sweet! i had a coat and hat like like as a little girl -- I was so proud of it!

Kathryn B said...

This is just beyond sweet Lisa! Your coloring and shading are spot on! (Love your color choices!) There is just something about brown and pink together! YUMMY!!!

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Those la la land girls are adorable and you brought all that sweetness to living color, Lisa. Love how you blended in all those amazing copic shades for a seamless and flawless look. FABULOUS, dahling!!:)

Maria said...

Well isn't she a cutie! Great job with the sketch!!

Anne Tussing said...

Such a cute card! I love your coloring and the warm colors.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin