Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My Time Made Easy - A Year in Review

Today the My Time Made Easy design team is doing our monthly Year in Review post.  This is where we create projects using some of our favorite older products mixed with some of the new products.  I chose to use the So Fortunate template for my project today.  This is a nice big template, however I reduced it to 75% of its original size because I wanted to make some Easter Favor boxes for my family.  I'm hosting a brunch at my home on Easter Sunday, and I thought these would be so cute on the table.  I cut the template from cardstock printed with the Spreading Spring Cheer digital paper.  This design from the pack is so colorful that it really didn't need anything else to adorn it, except this pretty flower.

 The flower is a new cut file called Rolled Bloom Modern.  You know those dies that other companies are selling that make those rolled flowers?  This is the SAME thing, only in digital form.  It is cut out with your personal cutting machine and only costs $2.50!  What a great deal, huh?  The leaves were cut out using another new cut file called Bloom Builders.  (How about that little chick smiling up at the camera?  So cute!)

Here's a close-up of the flower.  I added a pearl in the center to spiff it up a bit.

And this is what is inside the template...some malted eggs!  I think my guests will like them, don't you?  And you can see how I attached the flower and leaves to the template lid so that it opens easily!

The MTME design team is all posting today, so you can stop by their blogs listed below to see all sorts of inspiration!


Thanks for stopping by today! 

Photobucket
 

3 comments:

Lori said...

Your box is gorgeous! And what a pretty flower!

Cheryl said...

Awesome little box, Lisa! Sure to dress up your table and please the guests! I love those Robins' Eggs!! Good choice!
Happy Easter!!

Unknown said...

Fabulous box Lisa and your flower is lovely , well done Hugs Elaine

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin