Saturday, July 20, 2013

Just Us Girls #198 - Color Challenge

Happy Saturday!  It's time for another color challenge from Just Us GirlsTangii is our hostess and she chose this wonderful picture as inspiration for the colors. 
 
This is what I came up with. I used Papertrey Ink's Beautiful Blooms II dies for this fun card.  I was in a Hallmark store recently and saw a gift bag that I thought could be translated into a card so I took a picture of it.  I was looking through my photos on my phone and found it!  It was perfect for this color challenge!  (The photo of the bag is below.)
 
I used Marina Mist, Blushing Bride, Pixe Pink, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Tangerine Tango papers and ran them through the Xyron machine.  Then I poured Glitter Ritz Cool Highlight glitter on top of each flower.  I then added the baker's twine and a plastic white rose (from Hobby Lobby in the center of each bloom and popped them up on dimensionals.  The sentiment is from Star Prints by Papertrey Ink.
 
Here is my inspiration for the card.  Love it!  I should make a bag to go with it now!

Stop by these blogs to see what the girls did with these fabulous colors!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 

Recipe
Stamps:  Star prints (PTI)
Paper:  Marina mist, blushing bride, pixie pink, crisp cantaloupe, tangerine tango, Neenah white
Ink:  Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Beautiful Blooms II dies (PTI), baker's twine, Glitter Ritz glitter (cool highlight), Xyron machine, plastic flowers (Hobby Lobby), dimensionals
 

Photobucket

5 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty with the glitter flowers! This card also qualifies for Addicted to CAS! http://www.addictedtocas.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/atcas-18-glitter.html

Marisa said...

Loving the flowers!

Nancy said...

Love how this turned out Lisa! Love all the sparkle! Hope your enjoying your summer!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful glitter flowers. Thank you for playing along with the ATCAS challenge.
Florence x

Julie said...

Love your card. Great colours and all glittery- what more could you ask for.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin