Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Summer Card Camp 2 - Color and Sketch Challenge

Hi everyone!  I'm taking the Summer Camp 2 from Online Card Classes and I was finally able to participate in one of their classes!  Of course I had to pick the one with the most difficult color challenge!  It was two shades of brown, two shades of purple, and a light blue.  Difficult, right?  Well, yesterday's class was mainly about how to incorporate a difficult color challenge into an eye-pleasing card.  I don't know if I accomplished that, but I sure tried!  LOL!
 
So here's what I came up with.  We were given this color challenge and three sketches to choose from.  I liked this angled one.  It allowed me to use the new Rainbow Stripes die from Papertrey Ink.  It actually has 5 stripes, but I only used the three.  I cut them from Lovely Lilac (the lighter purple) and one from a scrap I had so I don't know the color, but it worked for me!  The bottom half of the card is Aqua Mist and I matted the whole panel onto Chocolate Chip.  The base of the card is the new SU color Baked Brown Sugar.  Not sure I'm loving those last two colors with this card, but I went for it!  The sentiment is from PTI's Sunflower Bouquet and it's stamped in Chocolate Chip.  (I recently had to purchase a new CC stamp pad...not sure I'm liking their new ink pads!)  I finished it off with some purple bling nestled in some sequins on the bottom and some more bling on the top.  Kind of plain, it needs something else, but I spent enough time on it so I left it! 

Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Sunflower Bouquet (PTI)
Paper:  Neenah white, lovely lilac, aqua mist, chocolate chip, baked brown sugar
Ink:  Chocolate chip
Accessories:  Rainbow stripes die (PTI), bling, sequins, glue dots
 


Photobucket

5 comments:

Nora Noll said...

How pretty!! Love the fun die and how you incorporated the colors. Great take on the sketch!!

Crystal said...

Lisa you rocked these colors, this came out beautiful, love your design!!!! hope you are having a great day :)

Nancy said...

Tough colors, but you did a great job with them! Love it! Putting the bright in the middle worked perfectly!

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

I don't know how I would've put these colours together, Lisa. You did a fabulous job. Loving the ver cool interest of your stripes.

Lynn said...

I love this...such a retro and very cool looking card. The touch of gems is perfect.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin