Sunday, October 6, 2013

Papercraft Star Challenge #164


The crafting bug has bitten me!  I woke up early and went right to my craft room to make another card.  I was looking at my Feedly account and came across this Papercraft Star Challenge that someone else had entered.  It's new to me and I loved their inspiration photo and ideas.

 
One of the suggestions Papercraft Star mentioned was a fall door.  I've had these doors in my stash for a long time and never used them.  It is a die cut exclusively available at my local stamp store Buffalo Stamps and Stuff.  They come with the die cut and screen.  There are quite a few in the pack and are very reasonably priced.  (I think you could contact them to purchase some.)  This one was white and I distressed it with some distress inks.  The wreath is from the Sunflower Wreath stamp set by Taylored Expressions.  I used the die to cut it out from watercolor paper so I could use Distress Markers to color it.  I added a bee and more sunflowers as well as stickles to make it shimmer.  The base of the card was run through a woodgrain impression plate for some texture.
 
I hope you are enjoying your autumn.  It's raining here today, but I don't mind.  It's all part of the experience, right? 
 
Thanks for stopping by again.  I have another post here which I hope you'll stop by and see.  Enjoy your Sunday!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Sunflower Wreath (Taylored Expressions), Mailbox Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Soft suede, watercolor paper
Ink:  Distress markers, tea dye and wild honey distress inks, black archival ink
Accessories:  Screen door die kit (Buffalo Stamps and Stuff), wreath die (Taylored Expressions), woodgrain impression plate, crystal, star dust and red stickles, dimensionals, scor-tape
 

Photobucket

7 comments:

Hannelie said...

This is so beautiful Lisa!

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely!! A perfect card for the challenge! Thanks so much for playing along at Papercraft Star!

Cheryl said...

Another super sunflower card!! This card has such a country look to it!

(I KNOW that feeling of procrastination! I finished my plans, but have an IEP to write!!)

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!

♥Jan♥ said...

I love everything about this card - how fun you found just the right suggestion too ! That made my day. We are so glad you shared with us,and our readers, at Papercraft Star this week !!

Sleepy Stamper said...

Lisa you card is so perfect for our challenge! The die cut door is amazing and I love how you have colored the stamped images! Thank you so much for joining us this week over at the Papercraft Star.

Anitra

Sue Lelli said...

Lisa, your door is so PERFECT for our challenge! LOVE the "screen" behind it! LOVE the bee! LOVE it all! THX for playing with us at Papercraft Star!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin