Sunday, October 6, 2013

Color Q Challenge #209

Hi everyone!  Yesterday was World Card Making Day and I made three cards!  I was on a roll.  Probably because I have 5-week reports to complete, papers to correct, and about 40 essays to read and score!  Procrastination at its best!
 
Anyway, I looked at a few challenges to play in and found this one from Color Q.  My card isn't this bright, but I did use the colors (except the white, however I did use Picket Fence distress stain!  I guess that counts!)
 
I love making tags Tim Holtz style!  In his Chemistry 101 class from Online Card Classes, he taught the marbeling technique.  You put Picket Fence distress stain on your mat in the middle, then add other colors around it.  I used Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, and Broken China.  Then I ran the tag through it picking up the colors and dried it with a heat tool.  I then stamped the images using Archival ink.  I also added some Broken China distress and Tea Dye distress inks around the edges of the tag.  Then I spritzed it with Perfect Pearls mist.  I added the red ribbon and yellow and blue crystals to tie into the challenge colors.  I found that the sentiment was put on the block upside down AFTER I stamped it!  Hate when that happens!
 
Thanks for stopping by today!  I'll be posting my other two cards over the next two days, so stop by again!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Rustic Rooster, Country Morning (SU); Chicken wire (Stamp Camp)
Paper:  Ranger manila tag
Ink:  Archival black, broken china and tea dye distress inks; picket fence, squeezed lemonade, broken china, fired brick, and spiced marmalade distress stains; Perfect Pearls mist
Accessories:  Crystals, ribbon, twine

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wow Lisa what a fabulous tag! Love the mixed media look, chicken wire and the rooster! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

PS. You should check out Mona Pendleton's mixed media challenges ;)

Sylvia said...

Love your tag, Lisa, the blended colors are fabulous! So happy to see you at the colourQ, thanks for playing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin