Saturday, October 12, 2013

Just Us Girls #210 - Technique Challenge

 Hi all!  Vicki chose a great technique for the Just Us Girls technique challenge this week.  She chose a technique from one of my favorite designers...Jennifer McGuire.  She calls the technique die cut inlay.  You can see the video tutorial here.

I've actually done this technique before.  You can see my card here.  I went in a different direction this time.  I used Mat Stack #3 and Simply Jane dies for this technique along with some Graphic 45 papers.  I wanted to add some blue into the mix, so I created my own panel using Distress Paints.  This is called the Distress Marbeling technique from Tim Holtz.  I put antique linen, broken china and weathered wood distress paints on my mat and misted it with water.  Then I dragged a piece of vintage cream cardstock through it and dried it with a heat tool.  Then I colored the edges with a gold leaf pen.  I used the gold pen around the edges of the mat of the main image and on the pearls too.

I used the Deconstructed Sketch for my layout.

You can see more inspiration for this challenge on these blogs.

Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is fun with the silhouette cut out!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card! I love the silhouette cut out....lovely color choice.

Marisa said...

You are doing techniques all over the place! Lovely card showcasing them. Grea silhouette image and love the flowers and strips of lace you added.

Nancy said...

I love Silhouettes Lisa they remind me of my mom.... We had them hanging in our home when I was a little girl of all us kids! Thanks for making me remember and put a smile on my face! Your card is lovely!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love what you did with that silhouette! This is beautiful and great job with that sketch, too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin