Saturday, October 5, 2013

Just Us Girls #209 - Sketch Challenge

Happy World Card Making Day!  Isn't it great that we card makers have a day?  Love it!  Just Us Girls is celebrating today with a sponsor.  One winner will win a $15 gift certificate to A Walk Down Memory Lane!
 

 
This week is our sketch challenge and Maria gave us this cool sketch.
I'm in a fall mood, so I went with these sunflowers from Papertrey Ink and fall colors.  Don't you just love dies?  I remember fussy cutting before dies...ugh!  I stamped the sunflowers in Butter Bar ink and the centers in Latte chalk ink (Hero Arts ink) and the leaves in Old Olive (SU).  The kraft paper was impressed with the woodgrain impression plate and I added a piece of dp from Sugar Hill paper pack by Farm House.  The sentiment was cut from Crushed Curry paper.  I added shimmer to the sentiment and flower centers with a Wink of Stella brush.  Grosgrain ribbon and some crystals finish it off.

You can see more from our JUGs DT (please welcome new DT members Sharyn, Sue, Cheryl, and Sue) at these blogs.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Simple Sunflowers
Paper:  Neenah white, crushed curry, kraft, Sugar Hill (Farm House)
Ink:  Butter bar, latte chalk ink (Hero Arts); old olive (SU)
Accessories:  Wonderful words: thank you die, simple sunflowers die, woodgrain impression plate, grosgrain ribbon, crystals, Wink of Stella shimmer pen, dimensionals

Photobucket

7 comments:

Nancy said...

I am loving your sunflowers Lisa..along with the DP!! I just realized your signature has a sunflower too...I am a little slow...lol!
Great card...hope you enjoy your weekend!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great job with the sketch - love those sunflowers!!

Marisa said...

Love those sunflowers and the die cut sentiment.

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love the distressed look on your patterned paper, and those gorgeous sunflowers! Really beautiful card. Thank you for the kind comment you left on my card. I had a lot of fun with this first challenge, and look forward to many more. Have a great weekend!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! That pretty dp makes fantastic backdrop for those pretty sunflowers. Love it!

Cheryl said...

Well now, this card is beautiful!! I love the use of sunflowers for the shape-PERFECTION! Great choice to use a die cut as your sentiment too!

p.s. How did I miss this set on PTI!!? Another to order!

Maria said...

Love this card. Those sunflowers are awesome as are those patterned papers! Nice job!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin