Monday, October 7, 2013

Cas(e) This Sketch #48

Hi friends!  This is the second card I made on Saturday in honor of World Card Making Day.  I loved this sketch from Cas(e) this Sketch challenge.

I needed a get well card for my husband's uncle and was in my fall mood again, so I used fall colors and maple leaves.  I learned a new technique this summer at a stamp show here in Buffalo, NY.  The company Prickley Pear was demonstrating it and I thought it was pretty cool.  You cover cardstock with Scor-tape and run it through your die cutting machine with a die.  Then pull off the protective paper and cover with Glitter Ritz Cool Highlight glitter.  Stamp the coordinating image onto the glitter with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Then color over the glitter with copic markers.  I used various yellow and orange markers.  It doesn't ruin your marker tips either.  Love the way it turned out.  Great sketch!
 
I'm also entering this in the Simon Says Wednesday challenge.  Simon says we are going dotty, so I did!  I added this pretty dotted patterned paper.
 
Thanks for stopping by today!  I'll have my last World Card Making Day card posting tomorrow, so stop by again!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Prickley Pear (leaves), Sending You (PTI)
Paper:  Neenah white, dusty Durango, Sugar Hill (Farm House)
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, copic markers
Accessories:  Prickley Pear leaf die, cool highlight glitter (Glitter Ritz)

Photobucket

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Lisa, that technique is so very cool! I love the end result.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, beautiful leaves and you really did a fab job with the sketch you've used.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv
Debby

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card! I love those gorgeous leaves!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful! I love how you stamped the leaves and added the patterned paper!
Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

Betty said...

Your leafs are so stunning. Great card. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin