Thursday, January 30, 2014

Another Stenciled Card!

Oh my goodness, I was so inspired by the Stenciled class from Online Card Classes!  I have another card to share based on a technique I learned from the class.
 
I cased the card Jennifer McGuire did.  I didn't have the butterfly stencil she used, but I was browsing around in Hobby Lobby the other day and found a stencil with two butterflies on it for $2.99.  Score!  So here's the technique.  Apply various inks through the stencil lightly.  I used Hero Arts inks, but Distress Inks work really well also.  Then I placed another stencil (I used the Large Lotus Flower stencil from Hero Arts) with some design to it right on top of the butterfly opening.  I applied the same inks in the same places using a heavier hand.  When you remove the stencils, this is what you end up with.  Very cool technique!  The thank you die was cut several times from turquoise, pink and white card stock and glued together to make it more dimensional.  I added some Wink of Stella shimmer and glossy accents for some shine.  The butterfly didn't look finished until I added the pearls to its body.  (I need a new camera.  My pictures just aren't doing it for me anymore!)
 
That's it!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps: None!
Paper:  Neenah white, regal rose, tempting turquoise
Ink:  Butter bar, fresh peach, pale tomato, bubble gum, tide pool (Hero Arts)
Accessories:  Butterfly stencil (Hobby Lobby), large lotus flower stencil (Hero Arts), Wonder Words: Thank You die (PTI), Wink of Stella shimmer brush, glossy accents, pearls
 
Photobucket

5 comments:

Doris W. said...

Beautiful butterfly! Love the colors you used!

Cheryl said...

Really beautiful result from the technique, Lisa! Hmmm, future JUGS challenge?
Love your card!

Lynn said...

The spectrum of colors is absolutely amazing Lisa!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful use of color! I learned a lot through everyone taking this class! Thanks :)

Patricia Chalas said...

Beautiful card... the butterfly is just perfect!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin