Saturday, August 9, 2014

Just Us Girls #253 - Trend Week

Hi all!  Do you like trends?  Just Us Girls does, and this week Sharyn has chosen a fabulous one...washi tape!  I know you have a roll or two or ten or twenty of it in your craft room!  I know I do!  What a great time to pull it out and use it!


I chose to CASE a card I made a while ago (you can see it here).  I just loved that little card, so I just changed it up a bit with the kraft and black to match the animal print washi tape. I made this a square 4.25" x 4.25" card. I started by stamping a black stripe from one corner to another. Then I added the washi tape on either side. I'm not happy with how the telephone came out. The dial in the middle is stamped off-center for one thing. Then the Glossy Accents I added is bumpy along the edges. (As I'm typing this, I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to redo this telephone. It takes a while to dry! I'll keep it for now.) I added the sentiments and lastly the red heart, also covered in Glossy Accents. 

You can see more washi tape designs from the DT on these blogs.

JUGs blog
Cheryl Rowley
Maria Levine
Marisa Ritzen
Nancy Leppek
Sharyn Polesel
Sue Trembeth
Sue VanDeVusse
Vicki Dutcher
Kristie Goulet, Guest Designer

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Heart 2 Heart #4 (PTI), Country Charm (WPlus9)
Paper:  Kraft, black
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, real red
Accessories:  Heart 2 Heart #4 die (PTI), glossy accents, washi tape, Wink of Stella shimmer, dimensionals


Photobucket

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Such a fun card adn loving the leopard print :)

Lynn said...

Love, love, love the animal print. And you're just like me pointing out the imperfections on your card. No need to redo...only the creator notices it! :)

sue t. said...

Love this, leopard washi? Who knew!?!!

Gerrina said...

What a fun washitape is the leopard one! Fun design and card! Hugs, Gerrina

Sharyn Polesel said...

What a cool card.....love that washi!

Maria said...

What fun washi! Love it! Great job!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin