Sunday, April 14, 2013

Are You a Procrastinator?

I am!  I have report cards to complete for tomorrow and I really dread doing them.  So what am I doing today instead?  Cleaning (something I don't particularly like doing either, so you can see how much I really dread doing report cards!) and stamping (something I love to do!).   I was surfing blogs  today on my new app Feedly and saw the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch and just had to play along.
 

So washi tape is all the rage recently, and I purchased a {few} rolls.  But have I used them?  Of course not!  So when I saw this sketch I thought it would be a great time to pull them out and use them.  I wanted to use this phone image from Papertrey Ink's Heart-2-Heart #4 set, so I thought a black phone would look nice against this bright green polka dotted washi tape (I bought it at my LSS and don't know who makes it).  I started with the black stripe in the middle which is from WPlus9's Country Charm set.  All the black stamping was done with Versafine Black Onyx ink.  Then I added the washi tape on either side of it.  The "hello" is from the Heart-2-Heart set as well and the Happy Birthday is from the Happy Hexagon set from PTI.  (I see I didn't place my sentiment where it is on the sketch and my stripe is not as it is on the sketch....creative license I guess!  UGH!)  I added some Star Dust Stickles to the heart, which was stamped in an old retired color from SU.  This is a 4.25 x 4.25 size card.
 
The little phone has a chain on it so you can hang it from something.  I have had this forever!  My grandmother used to be a cleaning lady for the telephone company many, many years ago and she had bunches of these to give us.  They would find all kinds of things being thrown out that she would bring home (and no, they weren't stolen!). 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope you are procrastinating and enjoying your Sunday!  :-)
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Heart-2-Heart #4 and Happy Hexagons (PTI), Country Charm (WPlus9)
Paper:  Neenah white, black
Ink:  Versafine black onyx, green (retired SU)
Accessories:  Star dust stickles, washi tape, dimensionals, Heart-2-Heart #4 die (PTI)


Photobucket

3 comments:

Ardyth said...

Great bold colours and shapes! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Lynn said...

Love that bright green...it is perfect against the black and white Lisa!

Kim S said...

Creative license is good!! And has worked so well for you this week - I love the polka dot washi with the sentiment on both sides!! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin