Saturday, April 6, 2013

Just Us Girls #183 - Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday!  It's the first Saturday of the month which means sketch challenge at Just Us GirlsTangii is our hostess this week, and this is the great sketch she came up with for us.

Here's my attempt at it.  I used a lot of new Papertrey Ink supplies.  The stamp set is Birthday Style.  I started by stamping the confetti on the main panel in Pixie Pink, Tempting Turquoise, and Wild Wasabi inks.  Then using the same inks, I stamped the swags on the smaller panel.  I die cut the balloon and bow and stamped them in the green and pink inks.  I die cut birthday word using the Wonderful Words: Birthday die and pink paper.  The pattern paper is from Delovely by Cosmo Cricket, and was cut using the MFT large scallop die.   I added the ribbon, button, and baker's twine at the top.  I was only able to add two metal dots at the bottom.  I can't decide whether this is too busy or not.  What do you think?

We are so fortunate to have a fabulous new member joining our JUGs design team!  Please welcome her.
 
 
You can also see more inspiration from our JUGs design team.
 
JUGs blog
Elise Durenberger
Maria Levine
Marisa Ritzen
Tangii Crain
Vicki Dutcher

I'm also entering this in the Simon Says stamp challenge.  They are celebrating their 4th birthday, so their challenge is a birthday challenge.  I think mine fits the challenge!  ;-)

Thanks for stopping by today!  Enjoy your weekend!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Lisa, Thanks for the shout out and making me feel so welcome! I can tell by the talent at JUGS I will need to step up my game! I am up for the challenge! Your card is so Bright and cheerful...it will make anyone's Birthday special! Have a great day!

Marisa said...

Such a fun, fun birthday card, Lisa! Love the die cut word and wonderful bright colours.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the fun birthday letters! Perfect with all the "party" stamping! :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lisa - who makes this birthday die??

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lisa :-) I love this !! the colours and whole design are fabulous !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Anonymous said...

Look at you and those bright colors!! I LOVE how fun and cheery this is :) Fab job with the sketch girlie ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin