Thursday, November 20, 2014

Give Thanks


I've been holed up in my house since Tuesday...I'm from Buffalo and I'm sure you've heard about the winter storm we've been under for the last 3 days.  It's still snowing at my house and we've probably gotten about 5-6 FEET of snow...yes FEET!  Here are some pictures of my house.
 
This was taken from my kitchen window.  That is a drift in front of my garage and that is a six foot fence.

This is my patio off my garage.  That is just a mound of snow!  Nothing under there!
 
This is my husband's van.  Can you see the back light?

My husband shoveling the front walk and front steps.

My dog Lizzie is loving this snow and having so much fun in it!  But see my garbage tote behind my hubby?  That thing is huge and it's almost covered!

So I am giving thanks today for all the emergency responders that are working around the clock to get everyone plowed out, getting people to the hospital (our aunt had to be taken by some kind of snow vehicle from her house to the hospital for dialysis), getting food to people (my mom gets Meals on Wheels and they have called her several times to make sure she has enough of her own food to eat), etc.  We've unfortunately lost 10 people to this storm due to cardiac arrest and other issues.  It's really getting serious folks.  We have people coming here from all over New York and Pennsylvania to help.  They have employed an enormous amount of payloaders to remove snow...the plows can't get through and some have gotten stuck.  We haven't seen anything down our street yet, but I know they will get here soon.
 
I made this card for my mom and my in-laws, but at this time of thanksgiving I am sending it out to all of those men and women who are helping us out. 
 
This image is from Northwoods and I just love it!  I colored it with copics and added some star dust stickles.  I then die cut it and while it was still in the die, I sponged some tumbled glass ink around the image.  I added some pattern paper and a twine bow to finish it of.  I made this into an easel card because my MIL always complains that my cards are too heavy and fall over!  The easel card prevents this from happening.  I added a glittered leaf button to keep the card standing open.
 
These are the copics I used to color the image. 
 
Thanks for stopping by friends!  I'm staying home safe and warm for the duration!
 
Recipe
Pumpkin image (Northwoods), sentiment (Mark's Finest Papers)
Paper:  Recollections white, X-Press It Blending Card, Autumn Vine (SU)
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, tumbled glass distress ink, copic markers
Accessories:  Twine, star dust stickles, labels 16 die, button, dimensionals



Photobucket

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh my word Lisa. I'm so glad that you are okay and that your heat is on. My goodness! Your card is gorgeous as always.

LeAnne said...

WOWZA....I have been hearing about all your snow but to see it--that's another thing! Stay safe!

Kay Miller said...

OH MY!! That snow is unbelievable!!! That is a LOT of snow! Your card is so pretty!! You colored that cute Thanksgving image wonderfully!

Gerrina said...

Tjee! Didn't imagine that it would be that much snow! Good that it looks like sunny andry weather at the pics...
Love your card!
And sorry; I'll be outdoors tomorrow in about 13degrees C...too warm for the season here, but enjoying it... Keep warm, Gerrina

Marisa said...

Oh. My. Word!!!! I have seen the news and heard about the snowfall - totally insane!!! Glad you are safe and sound. Fabulously coloured image and a great card too.

sandie said...

gosh Lisa glad you are ok and to make a card to thank those who are helping is just a wonderful thought x

Cheryl said...

Love seeing the pictures of all the snow and Kevin and Lizzie! Were YOU out there too!?
Love your Thanksgiving card! Beautiful coloring! I bought that stamp too and should get it out (hmm...wonder where it is) and make a T-giving card or two.

Mailed your little package today (Friday). Wonder when you'll get mail again!

Ina G said...

I'm so glad I scrolled down and saw these photos of ALL YOUR SNOW. We have seen images on the News showing us just how bad it is. When it melts send it my way. We are desperate for rain. Thanks for sharing those amazing photos.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin